Career Development Centre (CDC) > Career Grooming

Career Grooming & Talent Hunt: Discussion Blog

<< < (2/9) > >>

Badshah Mamun:

It was a terrifick day.we have learned a lot,which is very important for us.I am going to discuss it briefly.
Session by syed mizanur Rahman,coordinator-CDC

WE LEARNED

First  decision making,team work, punctuality,aware about illusion.
Appearance,explore   your  quality,punctuality,hard work,honesty.
Mind mapping,Group work,profession plan(problem & solution).

It is very helpful  for  us.
Thanks to organize this event.we want to participate this kind of event.
Thanks,thanks a lot.

Name: Jadu Ibna Alam
ID: 093-34-101
Reg no: 099
Diu mail: alam_101@diu.edu.bd
contact number: 01913848536

Badshah Mamun:

‘DIU Student Grooming Session & Talent Hunt,2012’ is very essential for all departments of students at DIU. Our honorable Chairman Mr. Sabur Kahn, Raju Sir and Yousuf Sir have given their own speech. They are not only share their opinion but also explain their personal experience. First of all, Raju Sir has given us different types of advice. For Example, how our body language, dress up, gesture and communicative skill should be. He also encouraged ourselves and we performed many interesting events. So we enjoyed very much in that part. In second session Chairman Sir has shown his personal experience. He has taught us that whatever he tells, he always thanks almighty Allah. He also teaches and tips us how to face viva board. He shared a BBA student named Sohel. Sir told that one day he said, “I want to be rich quickly”. Sir advised him and he worked in that way. Now he is a successful business man. Basically he was benefited by this type of talent hunt program. He explained when we should be positive, our motivation and communicative power and so on. In CV the reference contact number shouldn’t be our teacher. It should be our relatives who can give more information. In third session, Yousuf Sir learned us how we will select our mind mapping, our aim. We also do a group presentation. I think this program is very helpful for us to reach our destination. It also gives us a proper guideline. At a glance, this program will be successful when the students of DIU get the good job in the market. Varsity’s aim is that it will want to see that one graduate’s of DIU will work as a first class officer at every Thana by 2020.

Name: Jannatul Ferdous
ID: 111-10-679
Reg: 068
Department: English
Email: jannatul10-679@diu.edu.bd

Badshah Mamun:
This is 21st Century, 2012. The world is moving fastest than faster. I
would like to thank: Syed Mizanur Rahman-Coordinator of Career
Development Center(DIU); Mr. Md. Sabur Khan-Honorable Chairman, Board
of trustee, Daffodil International University; Dr. Yousuf M. Islam,
Executive Director-HRDI, DIU; Mr. Mohammad Shibli Shahriar, Assistant
Professor of Daffodil International University and other all people
who were related to arrange such a dynamic, conversant and grooming
session.

The first eye catching matter of this session was Our Honorable
Chairman, BOT (DIU) Mr. Md. Sabur Khan. His self-participation in the
2 parts of the session, taken by him. The 1st part taken by Syed
Mizanur Rahman, Coordinator-CDC. The 1st part was one of the very
informative and practical  learning session among the 4 parts. From
this part I have learnt team working, decision making capability,
positive thinkings toward any task, providing importance in any task
with honesty, confidence and hardworking. And foolishness is better
than cunning like fox.

The 2nd session taken by Honorable, Md. Sabur khan. He is an one of
the persons of most active, knowledgeable and hardworking. Actually he
took 2 sessions and I learnt most from his sessions like be positive
in any work, more concern any work, planning, preparation, control,
tolerance, ego, technology, utilization of time in proper ways, self
motivation, reference, approach, attitude, smartness, hard working,
honesty, politeness, how to learning, how to say sorry, how to act and
answers in interview board. And many other things also.

The 3rd session taken by Dr. Yousuf M. Islam, Executive Director-HRDI,
DIU. From his session I learnt mind mapping, team working, creativity,
showing confidence, making target, providing gratitude, how is
possible, what is possible, skillfulness and above a stunning session.

Regarding, all sessions of this workshop, I just want to say every
year this type long day (9 am. to 6.50 pm)  workshop is should
arranged so that students can teach how to adjust to the work place,
act in this environment. Moreover student can learn  many informative,
knowledgeable, practical learning and grooming lessons.

Thank You.

Jannatul Ferdousi
ID: 091-11-724
22nd Batch
BBA Program
Daffodil International University.

Badshah Mamun:

Description:

At first I would like to give a lot of thanks from deep of my mind to DIU authority to arrange such a kind of program. This kind of career related programs are very helpful for students in the professional life. Like others I have also facilitated from this event from many ways. This event was segmented into various session from different persons. They have given emphasize on different aspects related to professional life.

Event's first session was conducted by Syed Mizanur Rahman, Coordinator CDC, about time management, team performance, motivation, decision making in different circumstances and so on. From this session I have learned how to manage a team, take effective decisions in different situations and develop career in professional life.

Next session was on career management, facing viva board, CV writing tips, self confidence build up, way to showing skills, how to ensure promotion in job etc. This session was conducted by our Chairman Mr. Md. Sabur Khan. From this session I have learned different skills that is mentioned above that will be very much helpful in our practical life.

From the third session i have learned how to build up a mind map to complete a task successfully that was taken by Dr. Yousuf M Islam, Executive Director - HRD, DIU.

At the end of grooming  session DIU chairman  Mr. Md. Sabur Khan explain different tips on how to be a successful man in the professional life and answer different question asked by students and so on . From where really i have learned how to make a successful professional life.

Basically it was a long day workshop and broadly described grooming session that has a great impact in the real life to build up a successful career although i have mentioned above  a concise view of the workshop.

Name :                Kamrul Hasan

Student ID :          093-11-1262

Registration ID :    005

Contact Number :  01729413826

Badshah Mamun:

At first, we start our orientation session which was guided by Syed Mizanur Rahman. That helped us to warm-up our selves by doing some specified activities as well as norms and behaviors identification.

Afterward, honorable chairman Mr. Sabur Khan (BoT-DIU) delivered his speech regarding to improve our career management with slideshows and through some practical instances. From that second session of “DIU Students Grooming and Talent Hunt, 2012” we have derived corporate world’s circumstances that we have to face in near future. That sensible speech includes from perfect steps at success target, positive approach to ego controlling. So, we can easily distinguish our position with competent person for profession.

Thirdly, at the next session of mind mapping was shown by Dr. Yousuf M Islam (Executive Director-HRDI, DIU) for targeting three specific careers in our career path for succession. That mind mapping not only for career targeting but also to apply at any challenging or problem work solution in our existence.

Moreover, Md. Shibli Shahriar subsequently added inspirational session that “how we can sell ourselves?”  So from him we have understood why company or organization will pick me? As well as what skills and competences we have to add value at their organization in selective aspect.

Finally, I strongly believe that the most effective session we have had through honorable chairman Mr. Sabur Khan (BoT-DIU) that is questioner session. Where chairman sir made open conversation with students, why candidates are lacked to get a job? Nevertheless, which point of view placing them at behind from others successful candidates?  That practical oriented session has figured out our candidates negative approaches at real life job interview and its solutions and remedies in a short session.

In the conclusion, I tend to think that several segments had taken place at “DIU Students Grooming and Talent Hunt, 2012”, although, every session had similar objective how to survive at job market. Since, we are going to face our job interviews and getting desirable position in an organization.

Name: Kelement Setu Mondal
Student ID: 092-11-1103
Registration ID: 007
DIU email: setu_1103@diu.edu.bd
Contact No.: 01714245519

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version