Successful people who overcame

Author Topic: Successful people who overcame  (Read 5388 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Successful people who overcame
« on: June 12, 2012, 08:10:43 PM »
“It is better to be alone than in bad company".”

George Washington, 1st President of USA, problem with reading and writing

“Your brain is much better than you think; just use it!”

Leonardo Da Vinci, artist, scientist, inventor, trouble with spelling, had so many ideas and inventions he had trouble staying on track

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
-Winston Churchill

“Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you. ”
-Thomas Jefferson

“What you are will show in what you do.”
-Thomas A. Edison “A teacher sent the following note home with a six-year-old boy: “He is too stupid to learn.” That boy was Thomas A. Edison”.
- Thomas Edison

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
-Thomas A. Edison

“Failure in school does not mean failure in life.”

Steven J. Cannell, author and Emmy winning TV producer, dyslexic

â€œTell me and I forget.
Teach me and I learn.
Involve me and I remember.”
- Benjamin Franklin

“Before you can do something that you’ve never done, you have to be able to imagine it is possible.”
- Jean Shinoda Bolen

“I firmly believe that deep in their soul everyone has a champion that can overcome obstacles and do great things.”

Bruce Jenner, former Olympic Gold medalist, had difficulty with reading and writing

“The looks, the stares, the giggles…I wanted to show everybody that I could do better and also that I could read.”

Magic Johnson, former NBA star, had difficulty with  reading and writing

“My childhood was extremely lonely. I was dyslexic and lots of kids make fun of me. That experience made me tough inside, because you learn to quietly accept ridicule.”

Tom Cruise, actor, had difficulty with  reading and writing

He did not speak until the age of three and teachers labeled him mentally slow: “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”

Albert Einstein, scientist

“My diary is a disaster…I can’t spell at all…I’ll spell the same word completely differently in the same sentence.”

Liv Tyler, actress, writing disability (dysgraphia)

“Life is full of challenges. How you handle these challenges is what builds character. Never be afraid to be who you are.”

Erin Brockovich, activist, dyslexic

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”

Agatha Christie, author, dysgraphic (dictated her work)

“My mother was the making of me. She was so true, so sure of me and I felt I had someone to live for, someone I must not disappoint.”

Thomas Edison, inventor, struggled with math, did not read until 12 years old, teachers told him he wasn’t smart

“If you can dream it, you can do it.”

Walt Disney, struggled with reading

“I felt like an alien. I always felt like I never belonged to any group that I wanted to belong to.”

Steven Spielberg, movie maker, dyslexic, struggled with math, dropped out of high school.

“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.”
-Winston Churchill

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:33:34 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline Sultan Mahmud Sujon

• Administrator
  • Sultan Mahmud Sujon, Sr. Admin Officer
    • View Profile
    • Helping You Office Operation & Automation Management
Re: Successful people who overcame
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:06:30 AM »
যে অপেক্ষা করতে জানে তার কাছে সব আসে

ধন্যবাদ
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 11:55:09 AM by bbasujon »

Offline nadir-diu

• DIU is the best Cisco Networking Academy !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:00:32 AM »
Thanks, Very nice post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
With thanks,

Dr. Md. Nadir Bin Ali
LMC and Head of Cisco Networking Academy
Daffodil International University

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
J.K Rowling, the author of Harry Potter. Twelve publishers rejected her manuscript! A year later she was given the green light by Barry Cunningham from Bloomsbury, who agreed to publish the book but insisted she get a day job cause there was no money in children’s books.

What if she stopped at the first rejection? The fifth? Or the tenth?

The measure of success can be shown by how many times someone keeps going despite hearing only NO.(Next Opportunity)

Colonel Sanders :
The founder of KFC. He started his dream at 65 years old! He got a social security check for only $105 and was mad. Instead of complaining he did something about it.

He thought restaurant owners would love his fried chicken recipe, use it, sales would increase, and he’d get a percentage of it. He drove around the country knocking on doors, sleeping in his car, wearing his white suit.

Do you know how many times people said no till he got one yes? 1009 times!

Walt Disney:
The man who gave us Disney World and Mickey Mouse. His first animation company went banktrupt. He was fired by a news editor cause he lacked imagination. Legend has it he was turned down 302 times before he got financing for creating Disney World.

Albert Eistein:
He didn’t speak till he was four and didn’t read till seven. His parents and teachers thought he was mentally handicapped. He only turned out to win a Nobel prize and be the face of modern physics.

Richard Branson:
He’s a billionaire mogul of Virgin but has had his share of failures. Remember Virgin Cola or Virgin credit cards? Probably not. He’s lost hundreds of millions of dollars but has not let failure stop him. When you’re rich like him you can rent his private island for $53,000 a night.

Mark Cuban:
The billionaire owner of the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks got rich when he sold his company to Yahoo for $5.9 billion in stock. He admitted he was terrible at his early jobs. His parents wanted him to have a normal job. So he tried carpentry but hated it. He was a short order cook but a terrible one. He waited tables but couldn’t open a bottle of wine. He says of his failures,

“I’ve learned that it doesn’t matter how many times you failed,” Cuban says. “You only have to be right once. I tried to sell powdered milk. I was an idiot lots of times, and I learned from them all.”

John Grisham:
The American author first was a lawyer who loved to write. His first book A Time to Kill took three years to write. The book was rejected 28 times until he got one yes for a 5,000 copy print. He’s sold over 250 million total copies of his books.

Steven Spielberg:
He applied and was denied two times to the prestigious University of Southern California film school. Instead he went to Cal State University in Long Beach. He went on to direct some of the biggest movie blockbusters in history. Now he’s worth $2.7 billion and in 1994 got an honorary degree from the film school that rejected him twice.

Michael Jordan:
He’s famous for being cut from his high school basketball team. He turned out to be the greatest basketball player but never let failure deter him. I love this quote…

“I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and I missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

Thomas Edison:
No list of success from failures would be complete without the man who gave us many inventions including the light bulb. He knew failure wouldn’t stop him.

If I find 10,000 ways something won’t work, I haven’t failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.

There is no success without failure

Decide what is important to you and take huge steps everyday even though it doesn’t seem like it’s working. Success doesn’t happen without failures. It’s reality.

Deal with it.

How bad do you want to achieve your goal? It better be so bad that rejection won’t derail you.

How much do you believe in what you’re doing? Colonel Sanders did despite 1009 rejections!

“Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Let these examples inspire you every day.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:15:49 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline nadir-diu

• DIU is the best Cisco Networking Academy !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 09:12:02 AM »
I am agreed with you
“Fall down seven times, gets up eight”
With thanks,

Dr. Md. Nadir Bin Ali
LMC and Head of Cisco Networking Academy

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 07:23:07 PM »

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 02:53:24 PM »
Very Nice quotes by Warren Buffet.  I agree with these quotes and we should realize it very deeply, what he wants to mean by these quotes?
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline sajib

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 10:29:44 AM »
That's why he is one of the successful man in the world 
Kamrul Hossain Sajib
Assistant Controller of Examination

Offline farzanamili

• Word has power, use it wisely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 01:43:39 PM »
The people who can overcome can be successful, Patience in the bad times is the pre-condition for the next good times.
Mirza Farzana Iqbal Chowdhury
Senior Lecturer
Department of Law
Daffodil International University.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 10:15:40 AM »
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline sajib

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 02:55:42 PM »
“Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.”
Kamrul Hossain Sajib
Assistant Controller of Examination