Daffodil International University

Faculty of Humanities and Social Science => English => Topic started by: sushmita on March 10, 2014, 09:06:27 PM

Title: NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM
Post by: sushmita on March 10, 2014, 09:06:27 PM
NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM

For those who sleep in the air-conditioned room ........... A friend of mine has passed away recently, Please read the mail below and be careful.

Heard of a bad news regarding Charleine, who studied in MSMKL with some of us. She passed away last weekend due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

It happened when she lighted an aromatheraputic candle for the night in a room with air-conditioning on and all windows closed.

Due to lack of oxygen in the room, the burning of the candle cannot fully oxidized & thus forming dangerous carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide will prevent oxygen exchange in the lungs, resulting the person dozing off to state of unconsciousness & eventually death in less than 1 hour, depending on the room size.

this info is to make you aware of such danger when lighting aroma theraputic candles in any unventilated rooms...
Prevention is better than cure...
Title: Re: NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM
Post by: Shampa Iftakhar on March 16, 2014, 09:08:04 AM
useful information, indeed.

Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM
Post by: R B Habib on March 23, 2014, 05:19:21 PM
Really? But I have seen places with candles in AC room years after years...??? Unfortunate incident, I guess. n
Title: Re: NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM
Post by: shamsi on March 31, 2014, 01:03:44 PM
I have also seen AC rooms with candles.I will be alert about this.Thanks for the information.
Title: Re: NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM
Post by: Rafiz Uddin on February 27, 2020, 01:50:08 PM
Thanks for informing.
Title: Re: NEVER LIGHT CANDLE in AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM
Post by: Mosammat Arifa Akter on February 27, 2020, 02:11:08 PM
Thanks for sharing :)