Here’s a scenario you may not like, but could happen every day, because it’s always viruses season for computers. You’re working on an important project and suddenly start noticing annoying pop-ups displayed on your computer. Also, it takes too long for your files or computer apps to load. You wait and wait until you start asking yourself:
“Does my computer have a virus?”
Unfortunately, the answer might be “yes” and your computer could be already compromised with viruses or advanced malware that are slowing down its activity and performance.
This is one of the signs that show your PC might suffer from a malware infection. There are more of them you need to be aware of and understand, so you can quickly take action.
In this article, we’ll show you the most frequent warning signs of malware infection and what can you do about it.
Quick links with what you’ll find out:
1. My computer applications run slow lately and it takes longer than usual to start
2. I keep getting annoying ads that are opening randomly or strange messages on my computer’s screen
3. My laptop keeps crashing when I watch Youtube videos or play games. It simply freezes, then a blue screen shows up
4. I started getting this popup message <you’re running out of disk space on Windows (C:)
5. For quite some time, every time I start my PC, I notice that the Internet traffic suspiciously increases
6. My homepage has changed and I don’t remember doing it myself
7. My PC is acting weird because I get unusual messages that appear unexpectedly.
8. I use an antivirus product and keep getting the message that
9. My friends tell me they’re getting strange random messages from me on Facebook, which I didn’t send
10. There are these new, yet unfamiliar icons on my desktop that I don’t recognize
11. Sometimes I see unusual error messages displayed on my computer
12. It seems that I can’t access my Control Panel by clicking on the button
13. Everything seems to work perfectly on my PC. Are any chances to be paranoid and still check for malware?