Top 10 urban cities in usa

Author Topic: Top 10 urban cities in usa  (Read 2212 times)

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
Top 10 urban cities in usa
« on: August 01, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »

My top 10 urban cities (not necessarily in order):

1) NYC (obvious)
2) Chicago
3) San Francisco
one could debate between Chicago and SF for 2nd most urban, Chicago's far larger and has a larger DT, San Francisco is denser on average and many consider its core neighborhoods to be more vibrant

4) Philadelphia
5) Boston
Philly and Boston seem to be the 3rd tier of urbanism. This one is also debatable. Similar to argument above. Philly=Chicago Boston= SF (minus the DT size)

6) Washington DC - DC is a little less dense then Bos/Philly, but has bigger DT office market.

7) Seattle
8) Baltimore
These 2 are debatable as to which is more urban. They are urban in different ways. Seattle has a vibrant downtown, but not much in the way of dense residential neighborhoods. Baltimore has a subpar downtown, but lots of traditional urban neighborhoods. Baltimore is denser, but the gap is quickly narrowing.

9) LA- LA is such a weird city that it is hard to rank. By most quantitative measures the city would surely rank much higher. The city has some of the densest neighborhoods outside of NYC, and its core population rivals Chi and SF. On the downside, the city doesn't revolve around its center the way the rest do. The city is very nodal, with vibrant urban pockets giving away to suburban (albeit dense) style neighborhoods. Public transit is not as effective as in the top 6 or so cities.

10) Miami- this is basically just a place holder. I am not sure that it actually deserves to make the list, but no other city particularly jumps out at me. The city is reasonably dense on average, and has a few urban neighborhoods (iif you include Miami Beach.) On the downside, it doesn't have a traditional dense urban core. The city has undergone a massive condo boom, once those condos are all filled the city may take on a more urban feel.

আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com