What to do to be best?

Author Topic: What to do to be best?  (Read 3208 times)

Offline mir

• Faculty
  • My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
What to do to be best?
« on: January 28, 2009, 04:32:34 PM »
We want our DIU to be the best university in Bangladesh. What else should we do to reach that target? Do you think the student facilities are adequate comparing the cost of education with other renowned universities? If not, could you please give us a comparative study? According to you, what should be our priority work?

Just feel free to express yourself!!

Offline sumit

• View Profile
    • sumitrongo
Re: What to do to be best?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 12:45:02 AM »

Quote from: mir
Just feel free to express yourself!!

my point of view the main problem is not to get teachers in a long time.

when teachers are getting experienced and developed their skills time to time, they are going abroad or cut their job from our university.
In every semester we got minimum 1 or 2 new teacher.
i think to become the no. 1,our authority should take proper decision in this matter.

(we are very lucky and grateful to those teachers who are still  with us,and we also have some very experienced and good teachers,respect to all teachers )

Offline azam_802

• G. M. Shaharia Azam, CSE Department
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of Shaharia Azam
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 01:09:05 PM »

they are going abroad or cut their job from our university.

Yes @Sumit: you are obviously right and this is one of our major problems for not only our university but also all university. many days many people are trying to differentiate the quality of Public University and Private University education system. But in the public university most of the teachers are experienced and their teaching period above 10 years or more. That is the plus point for Public University. And obviously this experience can help their students.

I will not say about teacher's skill and knowledge but I think experienced teacher is much more better than others. We should take care of our teacher. Teacher will be dedicated for students. Sometimes we say that this teacher keep the students in pressure or this teacher give less home task or assignment. It's not good to tell. I think when students will say that "This teacher is dedicated for us, Whenever we want the teacher, the teacher takes care of us". Then everything will be very much better.

And I think the friendly environment in classroom is very much necessary than only academic study. Because to get better result teacher is also responsible for students to get their students.

Teacher is our friends, our guide in student life. Teacher is our direction of our path to be succeed.

All the best. If I get any response in this topic. I will come back again.

Thanks
Shaharia Azam
G. M. Shaharia Azam
CSE Department
http://www.shahariaazam.com

@ Twitter: twitter.com/shaharia
@ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shaharia.azam
@ GooglePlus: https://plus.google.com/114541364064474970092

-----------------------
As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.

Offline papelrezwan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 01:48:03 PM »
Yes, if students freely give their opinion it would be easy to go through the requirements.
Md. Rezwanur Rahman
MBA, BBA,
Student Counselor,
Daffodil International University
Executive Member, DIUAA
Cell: 01713493051, 01717352538
E-mail: rezwan@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 01:01:51 AM »
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, do your best in the field of success, then you can see the difference between you & others. and only this foundation will make our university better then any one........................
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 02:15:14 AM »
What I think, the main problem lies in the mindset... When a mediocre person sees that, "Oh! this varsity costs much less than NSU, AIUB etc. so this is not that much good"!!! So firstly we need to change the mindset that NSU, AIUBs costs are nothing else than "prestige pricing!"
And more than that, these varsities did not reach where today they r now, in a few years but in decades...So we must be patient...
But i personally think that DIU should improvize the facilities 4 their target markets... I wont beat around the bush... One simple thing really gives me tremendous pain when, I see my classmate getting 75% wavier as he got A+ in H.S.C and sustained 3.5 boundary, where i get ONLY 20% as i got 4.5+ in H.S.C... Now 1 thing should be clear that, is a person who gets 4.9 in H.S.C inferior than a SIMPLE A+? (By SIMPLE, I mean to say without having "golden" A+) By now you must be aware what I'm going to suggest...
More than that we need to "brand" DIU... Efforts like; Business Fair, our forum itself etc... Last but not least, I am really very sorry if I had said any degenerated stuffs... I feel as being a well-wisher of DIU, I must say my thoughts... Absolutely no hard feelings for DIU...           
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:40:30 PM by Faiyaz »
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University