Human Fury and Damnation - Movie Review

Author Topic: Human Fury and Damnation - Movie Review  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Razon Mahmood

• If you can dream something, you can do something
    • View Profile
Human Fury and Damnation - Movie Review
« on: October 19, 2010, 01:17:04 AM »
MOBY DICK- MOVIE REVIEW

Human Fury and Damnation 

Moby Dick, an English movie, based on the eminent classic writer Herman Melville’s novel the “Moby Dick- a white whale”, is directed and produced by John Huston. This movie is an account of the dreadful sea voyage of the captain, Ihab.

The storyline of the movie is narrated by one of the crew of the Pequod (a ship) Ishmael (Richard Basehart).  The movie unfolds with the speech of Ishmael -“Call me Ishmael”. He has a fascination for the sea who signs up for service abroad the Pequod with a newly made friend Queequeg (Friedrich Von Ledebur). The ship is sailed out of New Bedford. The captain of the ship is Ihab (Gregory Peck), who has no but one aim in his life that is to kill the moby dick (a white whale). Because, the moby dick disfigured him (caused the loss of his leg) in his previous sea voyage. Now, he is so desperate for revenging on the moby dick. Captain Ihab, the solid iron figure, commands his crew that they only have to look for the white whale and declares who will see the white whale first; he will get a Spanish gold coin as a reward. His declaration makes the crew more excited to find the white whale. Afterward, he hears about the moby dick from the captain of another ship and orders his crew to sail their ship towards the pacific, where mody dick is sighted. His shipmate, Starbuck (Leo Genn) warns him not to go there as the moby dick is enormous in size, which has destroyed many ships and crew before. But, Ihab agony leads him to go there. He says “There is one God over the earth and there is one captain over the Pequod”. Henceforth, they are afflicted by topical heat and violent storms going towards the pacific. Finally, captain Ihab sights the moby dick. He sails a small boat and orders other crew to sail some small boats on the sea. They run after the white whale and harpoon it but the gigantic whale destroys the boats killing the crew including Ihab. Eventually, Ishmael is saved by the grace of almighty, who actually tells the story. Finally, captain Ihab’s non-stop fury causes his fellow shipmates death and culminates into his damnation.

Dear viewers, the culmination of Ihab’s fury conveys an important message to us– our fury and ambitious nature for revenging causes ours’ plight. John Huston has masterfully cinematized this movie. This movie is full of adventures and suspense which will take any audience away from his time!!!                     
You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down-Charles Chaplin

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
Re: Human Fury and Damnation - Movie Review
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 02:37:50 PM »
Dear Razon,

Thank you for your vivid description.I could watch the movie by your eyes.Here is in fact the success of a reviewer.Still,I would love to venture the movie myself.

Thank you again.

Shamsi

Offline mhrasel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »
there can be acceptance of the view  that we,the  human beings,should  not cross human limitation
Mohammad Rasel Howlader
Senior Lecturer
Department of English,DIU.
 And
Founder Advisor
English Language Club @Uttara Campus

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 11:56:47 AM »
Good review. The movie is a superb creation of a skilled maker. You will be thrilled to see the way the white whale demolished the pride of Ihab. Thanks.

Offline mhrasel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 03:07:32 PM »
There is a conflict between two forces: Nature and human strength
Mohammad Rasel Howlader
Senior Lecturer
Department of English,DIU.
 And
Founder Advisor
English Language Club @Uttara Campus

Offline Razon Mahmood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 09:28:45 PM »
@ Shamsi Madam,  thank you for appreciating my review.
@ Irina Madam, thank you for your comment.
@ Rashel Sir, you are right Sir. We shouldn't cross our limit. Whatever we do we should keep one thing in our mind that we are human being.

I heard about the novel from our respected Dean Sir. When he told us the summary of the novel in our class from that moment I became a big fan of the novel.I wanted to read the book but I couldn't . I kept myself satisfied with reading the summary of the novel and watching the movie. This movie is really superb.....

Offline cmkhasan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 02:50:04 PM »

I heard about the novel from our respected Dean Sir. When he told us the summary of the novel in our class from that moment I became a big fan of the novel.I wanted to read the book but I couldn't . I kept myself satisfied with reading the summary of the novel and watching the movie. This movie is really superb.....

Dear Razon,

The above statement is also true for me.

Your review and findings are very fact full. I hope you will continue......
Md. Kumrul Hasan
BA (Hon's), MA in English Literature
Contact No. 01717520131/01831938893

Offline Razon Mahmood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 03:08:17 AM »
Thanks brother.....