What really motivates us; students?

Author Topic: What really motivates us; students?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
What really motivates us; students?
« on: December 10, 2010, 02:33:02 AM »
I have been thinking this for a while... The core reason behind every activity of us students, is for our families.
Lets be honest, we read to get an honorable degree so that we could get a sound job that would be able to support our respective families. We all do these, just because we love our families. Just because we wanna return the love and affection we got from our families in an economical way, what we all need to support our living.
But the irony of fate is, although we love and wanna do 'something' for our families, some cultural and demographic elements tend to degenerate the motives. Perhaps you may be getting the point I am trying to indicate.
Last but not the least, let these elements not be the main cause to grumble regarding fulfilling the responsibilities towards our families...         
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
Re: What really motivates us; students?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:44 PM »
I personally, whenever think or feel anything opposite of devotion towards family, I always look for my grandpa's life. My grandpa was doing C.A at a reputed firm owned by 2 parsi brothers back at Calcutta. My grandpa's father (my greatgrandfather) was a typical Muslim of that age and did not prefer to spend more days at India as Hindu-Muslim conflict had started. He asked my grandpa to leave Calcutta ASAP to come back at Dhaka (their forefathers went to Calcutta, since Calcutta was far more advanced than Dhaka academically). Without saying a word grandpa agreed and left for Dhaka with the entire family as early as he could. He could not complete his C.A over here due to different family reasons and the education facilities were not adequate at Dhaka. Perhaps 40+ years have passed, but my grandpa does not grumble or call names at his fate that he could not complete his C.A, because his father ordered him to leave Calcutta rather he takes pride on it that he could keep his word. Now to me, this is a fine example how a son could abide by the orders of his father.   
On the other hand, if our father tells us to do any petty matter, we just defy without listening the entire matter...     It's reality check time, that what kind of sons we are? 
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University