Pale faces and my perception

Author Topic: Pale faces and my perception  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Shampa Iftakhar

• Test
    • View Profile
Pale faces and my perception
« on: July 24, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
Why does poor grade make you sad?Why haven't you  prepared yourself properly for presentation , quiz or any other exams? I am also turning gray with you. Your poor grade reflects on my face as I feel my whole efforts has gone in vain.  :'( :'(

Offline Afroza Akhter Tina

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Pale faces and my perception
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 03:53:14 PM »
...reflection  :( :-\  :)

Afroza Akhter Tina
Senior Lecturer
Department of English, DIU

Offline fatema_diu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »
let us think about our student life...
 I think  you will now feel much better

Offline Shah - Al - Mamun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 03:23:25 PM »
I believe grade should be just an indicator of what else to learn/develop/teach and assessment should be done based on actual performance (demonstrating what was set as learning objectives). Therefore, I as a learner, was never unhappy of my grades and tried to recover what my grades indicated.

If the same can be adopted in universities like ours for all students institutionally i.e. including tests as indicators for improvement and then teach students on those areas, that would be great! Final assessment can be done through performing learning objectives. For English it is tough that I know being a student of English Literature because its mostly theories, history and art but if we make assessment on how much of that theory we can use to prepare our own content and arts and reflect what we learned from reading those historical events and how well we can express ourselves, I think students will evolve.

Offline farahdina

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »
Absolute truth  :(

Offline Shampa Iftakhar

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 11:42:10 AM »
We set learning objectives and try to level best to achieve those. But do our learners have that level of proficiency? Most of the cases the answer is negative. What I personally feel is the necessity of quality-students. I am not blaming the learners, but the system itself. From primary school to higher  secondary , they learn to value grade, not learning or skill. Ultimately, by exposing to a greater world of knowledge , students get lost for a certain period of time.

By the way, I don't get any reason to set so many tests or exams fro primary to higher education!!Let our students  fearless so that they conquer. :) :)

Offline Shah - Al - Mamun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 05:47:13 PM »
The primary and secondary schooling system is failing to equip our students and the problem will only increase if our policy makers do not pay attention to this fact.

However, universities need to produce quality graduates and this applies to private universities like ours even more as we need to survive and retain the lead.

As, solution to that, we can work on filling up the gap students have when they get admission to universities. They lack encouragement to appreciate true learning but they can recover if they can taste the happiness of true learning. Therefore, in course lessons, activities that encourage them to learn, critically think, collaborate with each other, communicate to each other and present their work can be set up. Also, teacher's appreciation to students for their efforts even if they fail helps a lot. Students need to appreciate small failures as they are just stepping stones for big success. Teachers have the power to show it to their students.