Praying in a Jungle

Author Topic: Praying in a Jungle  (Read 818 times)

Offline Zaki Rezwan

• No news is good news
    • View Profile
Praying in a Jungle
« on: April 20, 2017, 06:34:02 AM »
I want to relate an event which happened nearly 10 years ago. I was 9 at that time, still a small child back then. It happened in a village in Alibaug a place in Maharashtra in India during the summer holidays.
We (my mom and me) were at the beach for quite some time when we decided to go back. Normally, after walking for about 10 minutes, we would reach the hotel.
My mom asked her friend where our sandals were (we were still at the beach). Her friend pointed in some direction, and my mom then went there. However, soon mom realised we were lost.
We were now in a quite a big jungle. And since it was noon, the ground was quite hot and my mom had to carry me. I was scared. I didn’t understand then, our plight, mom was in a big jungle with her 9-year-old kid and completely lost.
I was scared and didn’t know what to do. So I began to pray. As a child, the only prayer I knew was “Our Father” and “God Our Protector” (Psalms 92). I don’t remember which of the two I prayed, but I do remember my mother telling me that as soon I had finished praying, a woman stood before my mother. The woman gave mom her chappal (slippers) and told my mom that she had crossed an entire village and currently was in a different village. That woman safely took us back to the hotel we were staying at.
My parents told me it was that kind woman who helped mom back then. However, I know it was Master Yahuwah (LORD) who helped us.
(Mark Mascarenhas)
Md. Zaki Rezwan
Lecturer, Department of English
Daffodil International University