Why are some people vindictive?

Author Topic: Why are some people vindictive?  (Read 9144 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Why are some people vindictive?
« on: April 25, 2011, 06:14:42 PM »
"I have known quite a few people in my life that have been vindictive. It used to hurt me when they did it, but now I just find it utterly pathetic. Like it's somehow a sign of weakness or a character flaw.

Most of those who feel the need to be vindictive have a low self-esteem, SOME OF THEM DON'T HAVE SELF-RESPECT

They try to 'look' better in the eyes of the onlookers."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:45:23 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: Why are some people vindictive?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 06:17:40 PM »
Life is too short to be so mean and selfish. life is too short to be vindictive, to spend thinking about people like these. The moment will come and when it does, there will be a lot of people smiling!
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:23:05 AM »
People will be smile; people will give up any sort of vindictive and ensure peace for all. People have to do these because they can not ignore that they are the best creation by the creator.
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com
Daffodil International University

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:35:22 AM »
People with mask are increasing in this society....You can fool the whole world, but you cannot fool yourself

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
Dear Sir:
What can we do for those mask people? Is there any way to develop their morality? I guess now-a-days mask derives from the lack of morality in our society.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:05:47 PM by Md. Limon Hossain »
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com

Offline ABU SAYED

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 10:58:25 PM »
There are differents types people in our world,those have different character and whise is vary person to person .some people are vindictive and they are interested defamation of others .At a time they pick up thier self interest by hampering value others.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
"Everyone thinks of changing something, but very few think of changing themselves."

"If you know about all the world without knowing yourself, it would be simple waste of energy and time."

"You need not blow your own trumpet if you are skilled; you will get noticed easily if you are genuine and able. "

"YOU have got YOUR own mirror but YOU have never dared to watch YOUR own image in it."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:42:33 AM by shibli »

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »
Sir, I do too feel that one should not be madly driven for vengence... But, I'm sorry, I personally think that one could be (and on extreme conditions, should be) vindictive, if he's affected badly by a person or a group of people.
I had faced this type of problem in my juvenile days of school. People tend to think your forgiving gesture your weakness, and thus they keep 'bullying' you... More than that, excessive "good'ol" thing might get yourself lowered by your ownself, that causes major mental pressure. 
Nonetheless, it's also permitted in our religion, but not exceeding the limit, the victim had faced...
Last but not the least, My great grandpa used to say one quote of G.B Shaw regarding these sort of things, that I wanna share, "It's too bad to be too good..."   
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
power is temporary!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 06:29:05 PM »
"Power is temporary." Former President B. Chowdhury

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
power is temporary
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »
Absolute power leads to absolute corruption . . .

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
A wise person!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 07:41:28 PM »
A wise person learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his/her own.

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 03:20:49 AM »
A wise person always shares his power & ability, consigning the power inside of you & making it your personal ability is not the way of a true human gesture!!!!!
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »
I have probably seen vindictiveness particularly the uglier manifestations of it more in women than in men. I think part of that is because men are brought up to be tougher and handle hurt and betrayal better as a kind of environmental adaptation. Women are not taught those defensive mechanisms.
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 07:45:07 PM »
No need to hate people who r jealous of u,instead show them love,bcoz they r the ones who think u r better than them.I May Never Prove To Be Good Enough For Every One….!But I’M The Best For Them Who Deserve Me.

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 02:42:03 PM »
Vindictiveness can come about as a result of being hurt or betrayed by people you love. Some people handle that well and some people don't.
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar