Hajj Matters

Author Topic: Hajj Matters  (Read 8181 times)

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
Hajj Matters
« on: October 28, 2009, 02:51:38 PM »
Dear All,

Hajj season is here. Like every year people all over the globe are preparing for a very important event in their life. Some have already arrived in Saudi Arabia.

The 'Hajj Matters' topic has been opened in the forum to discuss and answer queries that people may have on pilgrimage. Questions like:

Why Hajj?
When is Hajj appropriate?
Will the Creator accept my Hajj?
What is appropriate preparation for Hajj?

To answer these questions this forum topic will present Verses 2.196 – 2.209, i.e. Verses 196 to 209 of Chapter 2 or Sura Baquarah of the Qur'an. Each verse will be elaborated using other verses from the Qur'an. InshaAllah, self-interpretation would be avoided as much as possible using this method of tafsir.

For the next two weeks, the tafsir will be posted in chunks of about 1000 words each. Questions, comments, reviews are welcome. The idea is to understand the Creator's Manual (The Al-Qur'an) with a sincere approach, i.e. we collectively want to understand what has been Revealed to mankind.

If you are unable to post in the forum directly, you may send me a mail at ymislam@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd.

May Allah Guide all of us.

-Yousuf
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:56:12 PM by ymislam »
Vice Chancellor
& Executive Director, HRD Institute, Daffodil International University

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
Re: Hajj Matters
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 02:59:18 PM »
What priority should one give to Allah? To understand and work this out, put yourself in the following situations. Imagine you work for a big company as the head of a department. You are in a meeting with your subordinates. During the meeting you are sent a message to see the Managing Director (MD). What would you do? Would you excuse yourself for a short while and visit the MD or would you go when more convenient? What logic would you use to help you take a decision?

Now imagine that you are in a meeting with the MD and other heads of the company around the time of Magrib. You hear the Azaan calling you to a short meeting with Allah. This time, what would you do? Similarly, giving Allah priority, would you excuse yourself for a short while to say your prayers or would you say them when more convenient? What logic would you use in this case? Who would you give priority – Allah or your MD?

When posed with these two situations, a person responded, “But Allah won’t mind if I said the prayers later!” The question is not whether delayed prayers would upset Allah; the question is whether the thought of delaying even occurred when the MD called – such is the degree of priority we give the MD. In comparison, the question is what degree of priority do we give to Allah?

The MD has given us an existence in the company and regularly arranges a salary. He should of course enjoy our loyalty. In turn, what has Allah given us? He has given us existence, feelings, intelligence, skills, opportunities, success, etc., to enjoy fulfilled lives – all He wants is a short prayer meet expressing our gratitude. What should be our attitude to the One who holds the keys to our existence, creates every moment for us to experience, has created us and our bosses?

Now, let’s take the analogy a step further. Being loyal, you find that company employees give priority to things other than the MD and company work. You feel that such employees may be thrown out or that company may not progress. Do these employees understand the danger they are in? Would you do anything creative to help improve the situation or look for ways to please the MD?

Let’s compare loyalty towards the MD with the loyalty or priority that Abraham gave the Creator. Was he able to clearly distinguish between the power of the Creator against the power of those created?
“Abraham was indeed a model devoutly obedient to Allah (and) true in faith and he joined not gods with Allah:” [16.120]

“He showed his gratitude for the favors of Allah….” [16.121]

When Abraham saw people all around, including his father, giving priority to created things rather than the Creator; he established a system of appropriate protocol for mankind, i.e. gratefulness, prayer and pilgrimage.
“And remember Abraham and Isma`il raised the foundations of the House (with this prayer): "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us for You are the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing.” [2.127]

He then prayed for the practice of proper protocol to be established, thus:
“"Our Lord! Make of us Muslims bowing to Thy (Will) and of our progeny a people Muslim bowing to Thy (Will) and show us our places for the celebration of (due) rites; and turn unto us (in mercy); for Thou art the Oft-Returning Most-Merciful.” [2.128]

Accordingly, Allah asks us to complete pilgrimage and prayer, showing gratefulness to the Creator following the ways of Abraham:

2.196 “And complete the Hajj or `Umra in the service of Allah. But if you are prevented (from completing it) send an offering for sacrifice such as you may find and do not shave your heads until the offering reaches the place of sacrifice. And if any of you is ill or has an ailment in his scalp (preventing shaving) (he should) in compensation either fast or feed the poor or offer sacrifice; and when you are in peaceful conditions (again) if anyone wishes to continue the 'Umra on to the Hajj he must make an offering such as he can afford it he should fast three days during the Hajj and seven days on his return making ten days in all. This is for those whose household is not in (the precincts of) the Sacred Mosque. And fear Allah and know that Allah is strict in punishment.”
Being Merciful, Allah has laid down rules for those who are unable to complete the pilgrimage rites to the full extent, but have the right intentions.

“The first House (of worship) appointed for men was that at Bakka (Makka) full of blessing and of guidance for all kinds of beings: In it are signs manifest; the Station (attitude) of Abraham; whoever enters it attains security; pilgrimage thereto is a duty men owe to Allah those who can afford the journey; but if any deny faith Allah stands not in need of any of his creatures.” [3.96 – 3.97]

“…"Follow the ways of Abraham the true in faith as he joined not gods with Allah."” [16.123]

How does one join gods with Allah, i.e. give importance to things other than Allah? The test is how we respond when we have competing considerations, i.e. whom we give priority, attending to other things when prayer time sets in; spending money on other things when we have enough to go on pilgrimage or Hajj, etc.

2.197 “For Hajj are the months well known. If anyone undertakes that duty therein let there be no obscenity nor wickedness nor wrangling in the Hajj. And whatever good you do (be sure) Allah knows it. And take a provision (with you) for the journey but the best of provisions is right conduct. So fear Me O you that are wise!”

“…whoever holds in honour the Rites of Allah, such (honour) should come truly from the piety of heart”. [22:32]

For most of us, Hajj is the experience of a lifetime. Some of us are simply overawed and overwhelmed. Sometimes we just don’t know how to act or what to say. We are all going there collectively to seek the pleasure of Allah, obtain forgiveness and to seek His Blessings in this world and the next. To do this, during Hajj, should we go out of our way to look for opportunities to do good to gain Allah’s pleasure? In what ways did Abraham try to please his Creator?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:10:21 PM by ymislam »
Vice Chancellor

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Shirk is tremendous sin
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »
Hadith - Qudsi 5

I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shirk is Unforgivable

Verily, Allâh forgives not that partners should be set up with Him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with Allâh in worship, He has indeed invented a tremendous sin. [4:48]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (6:162)

May Allah safeguard all of us from SHIRK-E-AKBAR and SHIRK-E-ASGAR, Ameen
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Learn about Shirk
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 05:19:25 PM »

"Verily those whom ye call upon besides Allah are servants like unto you: call upon them and let them listen to your prayer if ye are (indeed) truthful!" Al Quran
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 09:40:57 PM »
What is our relationship with Allah? Allah asks each created individual:
   â€œThen which of the favors of your Lord will you deny?” [55.13]

Can we think of and reflect on a personal blessing or favor given by Allah? Allah is the Giver, we are the receivers. In addition to personal blessings and favors, Allah gives examples of general favors that He has created/given. For example, He has created a system of sleep to refresh ourselves before going in pursuit of the livelihood that Allah has arranged, with renewed vigor.
“And among His Signs is the sleep that you take by night and by day and the quest that you (make for livelihood) out of His Bounty: verily in that are Signs for those who reflect.”
        [30.23]
He has given us individual skills and created opportunities for us to exercise those skills and derive satisfaction.
“It is We who have placed you with authority on earth and provided you therein with means for the fulfillment of your life: small are the thanks that you give!” [7.10]

Allah has created all laws of nature for our benefit, for example, He has created the Night and Day so that we can keep track of time and conduct our affairs accordingly:
“We have made the Night and the Day as two (of Our) Signs: the Sign of the Night We have obscured while the Sign of the day We have made to enlighten you; that you may seek Bounty from your Lord and that you may know the number and count of the years:…” [17.12]

At the same time, He has restrained some natural laws to benefit mankind. We are all familiar with the chemistry of solutions, e.g. when salt is dissolved in water. What would happen if salt-water is mixed with fresh water? Similarly, how long should it take salt-water of the ocean to mix with fresh river water to make both salty? For our benefit:
“It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water: one palatable and sweet and the other salt and bitter; yet has He made a barrier between them – a partition that is forbidden to be passed.” [25.53]

Why has He created a barrier? Would we enjoy salted water for regular drinking? What is the difference between fresh water fish and sea fish? Is it easier for ships to float on salt-water? Elsewhere in the Qur’an Allah gives us reasons:
“…Yet from each (kind of water) do you eat flesh fresh and tender and you extract ornaments to wear; and thou see the ships therein that plough the waves that you may seek (thus) of the Bounty of Allah that you may be grateful.” [35.12]

As proof of how important we are to Him, He has made each of us unique! He has made each of us individually and given a unique individuality.
“It is Allah Who…has given you shapes and made your shapes beautiful and has provided for you Sustenance of things pure and good such is Allah your Lord. So Glory to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds!” [40.64]

As receivers of all blessings and favors, what should be our response?
“And Moses said: "If you show ingratitude you and all on earth together – Allah is free of all wants, yet worthy of all Praise.” [14.8]

To help us understand what our response should be, Allah repeatedly gives the example of Abraham (pbuh):
“Abraham was indeed a model devoutly obedient to Allah (and) true in faith as he joined not gods with Allah:” [16.120]

Abraham reflected on his blessings and worked out that every created thing{1} is powerless – Allah is sole Giver and Provider; credit is therefore solely His Right. Abraham accordingly,
“…showed his gratitude for the favors of Allah Who (therefore) chose him and guided him to a straight way.” [16.121]

Once Abraham turned to Allah with a heart full of gratitude, He guided him to appropriate behavior [21.51] and right conduct, i.e. religion of correct conduct to both the Creator and to other created beings.
“For Abraham was without doubt forbearing (patient and forgiving of faults) compassionate and given to look to Allah.” [11.75]

After Abraham discovered Allah for himself, he challenged those around him [21.66] to come to a similar realization. To help other human beings understand the reasoning and approach of Abraham, Allah has instituted Hajj and Umra. To help reflect on the logical reasoning and conclusions of Abraham we are asked to physically visit the sites while retracing the steps taken by Abraham. The purpose is to find Allah and establish exclusive piety and sincerity to Him.

2.198 “It is no crime in you if you seek of the bounty of your Lord (during Pilgrimage). Then when you pour down from (Mount) Arafat celebrate the praises of Allah at the Sacred Monument and celebrate His praises as He has directed you even though before this you went astray.”
During pilgrimage, the purpose is to reflect and discover the absolute Power of Allah and turn to Him with hearts full of piety. We should then turn to Allah to give Him credit for all the good and successes in our lives. It is no matter if previously we credited and gave priority to things other than Allah – it is open to us to ask for Allah’s forgiveness.

2.199 “Then pass on at a quick pace from the place whence it is usual for the multitude so to do and ask for Allah's forgiveness. For Allah is Oft Forgiving Most Merciful.”
A prayer for example could be,
“"O our Lord! Cover (us) with Thy Forgiveness me, my parents and (all) Believers on the Day that the Reckoning (Judgment) will be established!"” [14.41]

2.200 “So when ye have accomplished your holy rites celebrate the Praises of Allah as you used to celebrate the praises of your fathers yea with far more heart and soul. There are men who say: "Our Lord! Give us (thy bounties only) in this world!" but they will have no portion in the hereafter.”
Read Verse 17.18 and compare this with the correct prayer:

2.201 “And there are men who say: "Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter and defend us from the torment of the fire!"”
----------------------------
{Notes}:
{1} Powerless: one may assume that other things like self (self-glorification), luxuries, images, idols, stones, ‘pirs’, religious leaders, leaders, ancestors, prophets, ‘satan’, occult, wealth and property [25.17] have power.
Vice Chancellor

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 07:16:42 PM »

"Those who remember Allah, standing, sitting, and lying on their sides, and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: "O Lord, You have not created this for nothing. Glory be to you! So safeguard us from the punishment of the fire." (Surat Al-Imran: 191)

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
For those who perform Hajj/Umra, is it important that this important religious act is accepted? Why? Who will determine whether or not the Hajj/Umra is accepted? How can one make sure that it is accepted? Since a lot of effort and cost is involved in organizing, preparing and performing Hajj/Umra, Allah will grant any intention that one makes. So if one has the intention of gaining a status among men, being known as wealthy, buying gold for making a profit, doing trade, asking for worldly wealth and power, Allah promises to grant exactly as one desires [2.200, 2.202]. However, would the purpose of Hajj be fulfilled? To work this out, we have to examine the pre-conditions, the origins and the purpose of Hajj/Umra. Allah directs:
   â€œAnd complete the Hajj or Umra (exclusively) for Allah…” [2.196]

Since Hajj/Umra is exclusively for Allah, is it ok to have multiple intentions when setting out for Hajj or Umra? Allah guided Abraham:
“Behold! We gave the site to Abraham of the (Sacred) House (saying): "Associate not anything with Me; and sanctify (purify) My House for those who compass it round…” [22:26]

How does one associate other things with Allah? What has sanctification have to do with the House or Ka’aba Sharif? Let us examine the sequence of events that led Abraham (pbuh) build the House. Abraham was a thoughtful person. He analyzed things for what they were worth. He realized that people all around him, including his father, were giving importance and priority to things that were powerless. He therefore questioned his father:
“Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: "Take thou idols for gods?...” [6.74]

He realized that idols, etc. did not have the power to grant anything – who then was the Provider? Where was He? Abraham proceeded to search for the Creator. He looked for things that were bigger and seemed independent. At first he took the stars, then the moon and then the sun to be gods [6.75 – 6.77]. Later he realized that whatever he saw around him was created. The Creator must be greater, above and beyond whatever he could see.
“"For me I have set my face firmly and truly toward Him Who created the heavens and the earth, and never shall I give partners to Allah."” [6.79]

When those around argued with him, he responded:
“"How should I fear (things or beings) you associate with Allah when you fear not to give partners to Allah without any warrant having been given to you? Which of (us) two parties hath more right to security? (Tell me) if you know.” [6.81]

We associate or create imaginary partners with Allah when we assume any created thing including self to have power over our futures, our status, our wealth, our children, our successes, our well-being, our sustenance, our death and our salvation. We equally associate or create imaginary partners when we assume that Jinn, ancestors, pirs, religious leaders or prophets have special powers to approach or intercede [6.94] with the Creator – we are all equally created! The relationship between the Creator and each of His creation is the same – He is the Provider and we, the beneficiaries. The Creator therefore has the exclusive right to be directly addressed and thanked in all cases.
“"It is those who believe and confuse not their beliefs with wrong that are (truly) in security for they are on (right) guidance."” [6.82]

Allah indicates that similar journeys of purification of belief (faith or Iman) were taken by all prophets [6.83 – 6.89], i.e. by Isaac, Jacob, Noah, David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Zakariya, John, Jesus, Elias, Ismail, Elisha, Jonas and Lot. When a person contemplates and sincerely wishes to find the Creator and be grateful directly, Allah guides.
“Those were the (prophets) who received Allah's guidance: copy the guidance they received; …this is no less than a Message for (all) the nations."” [6.90]

Allah wants each human being to take a similar journey of contemplation to individually purify their understanding, thereby sanctify belief/Iman.
“There is for you an excellent example (to follow) in Abraham and those with him when they said to their people: "We are clear of you and of whatever you worship besides Allah: we have rejected you and there has arisen between us and you enmity and hatred forever unless you believe in Allah and Him alone":..[60.4a]

The common term used for associating partners with Allah is ‘shirk’. During our sojourn on earth, it is up to us to contemplate, learn the basis of faith, and seek forgiveness for having committed the sin of ‘shirk’. On the Day of Judgment, Allah’s Mercy will not cover the sin of shirk, i.e. the sin of associating partners. Abraham was not permitted even to ask forgiveness for those who commit shirk blatantly and refuse to understand.
…But not when Abraham said to his father: "I will pray for forgiveness for thee though I have no power (to get) aught on thy behalf from Allah."…[60.4b]

The job of each individual on earth is to search for the Creator and internalize belief/faith/Iman. Once an individual comes to the correct realization, he/she should seek forgiveness for all past misunderstandings.
…(They prayed): "Our Lord! In Thee do we trust and to Thee do we turn in repentance: to Thee is (our) final Goal.” [60.4c]

Hajj provides us the opportunity to purify our belief following the footsteps of Abraham. The entire journey of pilgrimage gives an opportunity to contemplate away from worldly pressures and work out what is what. The pilgrim with full humility declares this intention by pronouncing the Talbiyah:
“Here I am, O Allah! Here I am! You have no partner, here I am. Surely Yours is all Praise (Credit for everything I have), all goodness and all sovereignty and You have no partner!

Muzdalifah gives the opportunity to gaze at the stars/moon as did Abraham while Mina gives the opportunity to contemplate on how ‘Satan’/Iblis continues to deceive us in our journey to purify faith. Arafat gives us the opportunity to ask for forgiveness from our Creator. As Allah has created two worlds for us, we are subsequently free to ask for good in this world and the good in the Hereafter.

As created beings, is there any room for arrogance or feelings of superiority? Our hearts should cry out to Allah in all humility for not only giving us existence, for giving us opportunities for the fulfillment of our lives.
Vice Chancellor

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 06:16:24 PM »
In recent years some of the rites of Hajj can be performed in a much more comfortable manner than before. The distance between the hills Safaa and Marwa is fully covered and air-conditioned. People do not feel the heat of the sun when performing ‘Sayee’ (struggle), i.e. running 7 times back and forth between these hills. The hardship incurred is therefore much less than that felt by Hagar who ran between Safaa and Marwa searching for the Mercy of her Creator exclusively. When she was left behind in the barren valley alone with her baby Ishmael (Ismail), she protested, “…Are you leaving us here to die?” Abraham (Ibrahim, pbuh) replied, “Allah has commanded me to do this!” Feel the strength of Hagar’s belief when breathing a sigh of relief she replied, “If Allah has ordered you to do so, then surely He will not let us die!”

Hagar did not have any water to feed her baby and herself. Pilgrims on the other hand can stop on the way to drink their fill whenever they want. When performing the struggle of Sayee therefore, is Allah looking for something other than hardship? To understand what Allah wants, let us look at the incident that took place between these two hills and examine the Verses before and after Verse 2.158. Allah says,
“Behold! Safaa and Marwa are among the Symbols of Allah. So if those who visit the House in the (Hajj) season or at other times should compass them round it is no sin in them. And if anyone obeys his own impulse to good be sure that Allah is He Who recognizes and knows.” [2.158]

We should therefore complete the rite between Safaa and Marwa as often as we can. Why are these Symbols of Allah? What meaning do the Symbols of Allah hold for each of us? In the Verses preceding 2.158, Allah tells us:
“Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.” [2.155]

When being tested, what should be the individual’s response? What was Hager’s response? The individual should have firm belief that it is Allah that is testing his/her patience and that Allah’s Mercy will soon follow. Allah guides those who believe.
“Who say when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah we belong and to Him is our return."” [2.156]

If we demonstrate patience, do not despair and lose faith as well as recite the prayer in Verse 2.156:
“They are those on whom (descend) blessings from Allah and Mercy and they are the ones that receive guidance.” [2.157]

Each individual should remind himself/herself:
   â€œâ€¦"And who despairs of the mercy of his Lord but such as goes astray?"” [15.56]

“To Allah belong the East and the West; where ever you turn there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is All-Pervading All-Knowing.” [2.115]

As Verse 2.155 points out that Allah will test each of us throughout our lives. Why does Allah want to test us?
“Do men think that they will be left alone on saying "We believe" and that they will not be tested?” [29.2]
How many of us lay claim to belief? At the same time, how many of us contemplate on what belief actually means? For example, how many of us study the Qur’an to find out what Guidance our Maker [41.52] has given? Allah links in-depth study of the Qur’an to belief:
“Those to whom We have sent the book study it as it should be studied; they are the ones that believe; those who reject faith therein the loss is their own.” [2.121]

Allah will test each person’s [3.186] faith/belief. Allah gives examples of how people demonstrate hypocrisy when afflicted with a calamity as well as when Mercy arrives:
“Then there are among men such as say "We believe in Allah"; but when they suffer affliction in (the cause of) Allah they treat men's oppression as if it were the Wrath of Allah! Then if help comes (to thee) from thy Lord they are sure to say "We have (always) been with you!" Does not Allah know best what is in the hearts of all Creation?” [29.10]

When Allah removes the trouble or calamity, whom do we thank?
“When We give him a taste of some mercy from Ourselves after some adversity has touched him he is sure to say/think "This is due to my (merit): I think/feel not that the Hour (of Judgment) will (ever) be established; but if I am brought back to my Lord I have (much) good (stored) in His sight!" But We will show the Unbelievers the truth of all that they did and We shall give them the taste of a severe Penalty.” [41.50]

Being just, should Allah differentiate between those who are grateful/thankful and those who take credit themselves? Should Allah reward both equally?
“Did you think that you would enter heaven without Allah testing those of you who fought hard (in His cause) and (those who) remained steadfast?” [3.142]

“And Allah most certainly knows those who believe and as certainly those who are Hypocrites.” [29.11]

Like each created individual, Allah also put Abraham and his family through a series of strenuous tests. What are the examples of the tests? Allah tested them by giving commands through dreams, by giving them hardships, by allowing Satan (Iblis) to deceive them, etc. In the case of Safaa & Marwa, Hagar was left behind by Abraham in a barren valley, alone with baby Ismail without food and water. What was the response of Abraham and his family members at each juncture?
“We did test those before them and Allah will certainly know those who are true from those who are false.” [29.3]

With Hajj/Umra, Allah first wants us to understand the relationship of Abraham and his family members with Allah. He then wants us to individually compare our responses to Allah’s tests and reflect on the status our personal belief. With the drinking of Zamzam (sound made by gushing water) Allah wants us to realize the quality of blessings at the end of patient suffering.
“Those who conceal the clear (Signs) We have sent down and the Guidance after We have made it clear for the people in the Book on them shall be Allah's curse and the curse of those entitled to curse.” [2.159]
Vice Chancellor

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »
আল্লাহ তা'আলা বলেন, “যারা তাওবা করে, ঈমান আনে এবং সৎকাজ করে, হতে পারে তারা সফলকামীদের অন্তর্ভুক্ত হবে”। (সূরা আল কাসাস, আয়াত- ৬৭)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »
মুসলিম চেতনায় হজ্জের তাrপর্য  
ড. মোহাম্মদ মানজুরে ইলাহী

আল্লাহর সাথে সম্পর্কের গভীরতা হচ্ছে তাকওয়া ও ইবাদাতের চেতনায় উদ্বুদ্ধ মুসলমানদের অমূল্য সম্পদ। আর হজ্ব সেই তাকওয়া ও ইবাদাতের এক রূপময় কর্মশালা এবং ঈমানের অনুপম মাহাত্ম্য অর্জনের এক সমৃদ্ধ পাঠশালা। হজ্ব নামক এ পাঠশালাতেই আল্লাহর সাথে গভীর থেকে গভীরতর হতে থাকে তাঁর প্রিয় বান্দাদের সম্পর্ক, আনুগত্যের নানামুখী সুষমায় সিক্ত হয় তাদের মন, আল্লাহর সামনে দীনতা-হীনতা প্রকাশের মধ্য দিয়ে ঔজ্জ্বল্য পায় তাদের হৃদয়।

হজ্বের মধ্যে আল্লাহ তায়ালা দুনিয়া ও আখিরাতের নানাবিধ কল্যাণের বিপুল সমারোহ ঘটিয়েছেন বলেই সেইসব কল্যাণ অর্জনকে তিনি হজ্বের ল্যমাত্রা হিসাবে নির্ধারণ করেছেন। তিনি কুরআনে ঘোষণা করেছেন, “আর তুমি মানুষের মধ্যে হজ্বের ঘোষণা দাও, তারা তোমার কাছে আসবে পদব্রজে ও সর্বপ্রকার ীণকায় উষ্ট্রসমূহের পিঠে চড়ে, তারা আসবে দূর-দূরান্তের পথ অতিক্রম করে; যাতে তারা প্রত্য করতে পারে তাদের জন্য নির্ধারিত সকল কল্যাণ।” (সূরা হাজ্ব : ২৭, ২৮)

সুদীর্ঘকাল ধরে এসকল কল্যাণের ফল্গুধারা মুসলিম মানসকে করেছে সমৃদ্ধ, চেতনাকে করেছে উজ্জীবিত, ইবাদাতকে করেছে সুষমামণ্ডিত এবং প্রাত্যাহিক জীবনকে করেছে আল্লাহ ও রাসূলের আনুগত্যে অলংকৃত। হজ্ব নামক ইবাদাতের সুবিশাল পাঠশালার সেসব কল্যাণের মহাসম্ভার থেকে আমরা প্রধানতম বিষয়গুলোকে নিচে আলোচনার জন্য বেছে নেব।

প্রথমত: মহান আল্লাহর দেয়া শরীয়তের প্রতি নিরংকুশ সমর্থন ও আÍসমর্পণ
আল্লাহ কুরআনে বলেছেন, “তোমার রবের কসম, তারা মুমিন হবে না যতণ না তাদের মধ্যে সৃষ্ট বিবাদের ব্যাপারে তোমাকে বিচারক নির্ধারণ করে, তারপর তুমি যে ফয়সালা দেবে সে ব্যাপারে নিজেদের অন্তরে কোন দ্বিধা অনুভব না করে এবং পূর্ণ সম্মতিতে মেনে নেয়।” (সূরা আন্-নিসা : ৬৫) দ্বিধাহীন আনুগত্যের সর্বোৎকৃষ্ট উদাহারণ হল হজ্ব। পবিত্র স্থানসমূহের মধ্যে হাজীদের বিচরণ, বায়তুল্লায় তাদের তাওয়াফ, হাজাবে আসওয়াদে চুম্বন ও জামারাতে কংকর নিপে ইত্যাদিসহ হজ্বের সকল কর্মকাণ্ডেই স্পষ্টভাবে প্রতিভাত হয় শরীয়তের প্রতি আনুগত্য পোষণ আÍসমর্পণ ও সর্বান্তকরণে শরীয়তের সকল বিধি-বিধান মেনে নেয়ার জীবন্ত উদাহরণ।

হজ্বের এ পবিত্র ভূমিতে এসেই আল্লাহর নবী ইবরাহীম ও ইসমাঈল আ. তাদের নিজেদের জন্য অনাগত সন্তানদের জন্য অনুগত মুসলিম হওয়ার দোয়া করেছিলেন, “হে আমাদের রব, আমাদেরকে আপনার অনুগত করুন এবং আমাদের বংশধরদের মধ্য থেকে আপনার অনুগত জাতি বানান। আর আমাদেরকে আমাদের ইবাদাতের বিধি-বিধান দেখিয়ে দিন এবং আমাদেরকে মা করুন। নিশ্চয় আপনি মাশীল, পরম দয়ালু।” (সূরা আল-বাকারাহ : ১২৮)

হজ্বের সেই পবিত্রভূমিসমূহে আজো তাই হাজীগণের আগমন ঘটে নিরংকুশ আনুগত্যের সে মহড়া দেয়ার জন্যই। আর উমার ইবনুল খাত্তাব রা. হাজাবে আসওয়াদকে চুম্বন করতে গিয়ে এ দৃষ্টিভঙ্গিরই প্রতিধ্বনি করেছেন এ বলে সে, “নিশ্চয়ই আমি জানি তুমি একটি পাথর, তুমি কোন তি করতে পারনা এবং কোন উপকারও করতে পারনা, রাসূল সা. তোমাকে চুম্বন করছেনÑ এটা যদি আমি না দেখতাম, তাহলে তোমাকে চুম্বন করতাম না।” (সহীহ বুখারী ৩/৪৬৩)

দ্বিতীয়ত : তাওহীদ তথা একত্ববাদের চর্চা ও প্রতিষ্ঠা
মহান হজ্বব্রতের সকল বিধান ও কর্মকাণ্ডই তাওহীদ তথা একাত্ববাদের উপর প্রতিষ্ঠিত। মানুষের চিন্তা-চেতনা ও কর্মে একত্ববাদ প্রতিষ্ঠা করাই হজ্বের অন্যতম ল্য। আল্লাহ বলেন, “আর তোমরা হজ্ব ও ওমরাহ আল্লাহর জন্য সম্পন্ন কর।” (সূরা আল বাকারাহ : ৯৬)

কা'বাকে শিরকমুক্ত করার প্রসঙ্গটি এনে আল্লাহ বলেন, “আর স্মরণ কর, যখন আমি ইবরাহীমকে সে ঘরের (বায়তুল্লাহর) স্থান নির্ধারণ করে দিয়েছিলাম এবং বলেছিলাম, আমার সাথে কাউকে শরীক করবে না, আর আমার ঘরকে পাক-সাফ রাখবে তাওয়াফকারী, রুকু-সিজদাকারী ও দাঁড়িয়ে সালাত আদায়কারীদের জন্য।” (সূরা আল হাজ্ব : ২৬)

হজ্বের মাধ্যমে আল্লাহর নির্দেশ বাস্তবায়নের েেত্র তাওহীদকেই প্রিয়নবী সা. তাঁর জীবনের মধ্যমণি বানিয়েছেন ও এর জন্যই সর্বস্ব উৎসর্গ করতে সচেষ্ট হয়েছেন। পবিত্র হজ্ব পালনে রাসূলুল্লাহ সা. এর নিুবর্ণিত কর্মধারা ও আমল একটু মনোযোগ দিয়ে দেখলে এ বিষয়টি মূর্ত হয়ে উঠে।

১. তালবিয়া : তালবিয়া হচ্ছে হজ্বের শ্লোগান। আল্লাহর একত্ববাদ প্রতিষ্ঠার জন্য ও তাগূতকে অস্বীকার করার উদ্দেশ্যেই ইহরামের নিয়্যত করার সাথে সাথেই তালবিয়া পাঠ হাজীদের জন্য নিয়ম করে দেয়া হয়েছে। তালবিয়ার ঘোষণায় একথা শনৈ: শনৈ: অনুরণিত হতে থাকে যে, “ইবাদাত-আরাধনা, জীবন-মরণ সবকিছুই একমাত্র আল্লাহর উদ্দেশ্যেই নিবেদিত।” জাবের রা. বলেন, ‘তাওহীদ দিয়েই রাসূল সা. তালবিয়া শুরু করলেন ও বললেন, “আমি হাজির, হে আল্লাহ, আমি হাজির। আমি হাজির, তোমার কোন শরীক নেই, আমি হাজির। নিশ্চয়ই সকল প্রশংসা, নেওয়ামত ও রাজত্ব তোমার, তোমার কোন শরীক নেই।” (সহীহ মুসলিম, হাদীস নং ১২১৮)
তালবিয়ার শব্দমালায় এক আল্লাহর সান্নিধ্যে হাজিরা দেয়া ও তাঁর লাÑশরীক হবার ঘোষণা বারবার উচ্চরিত হয়, আলোড়িত হয় একত্ববাদ অবিচল দৃঢ়তায়। তালবিআ যেন সকল পৌত্তলিকতা, প্রতিমা-পূজা অথবা আল্লাহ ব্যতীত অন্য কোন সত্তার সমীপে দীনতা-হীনতা ও আনুগত্য প্রকাশের বিরুদ্ধে এক অমোঘ ঘোষণা, যে ঘোষণার সার্থক রূপায়ন ঘটতে দেখা যায় রাসূলুল্লাহ সা. এর জীবনে শিরক ও মুশরিকদের সকল অসার কর্মকাণ্ড থেকে নিজেকে ও অনুসারী সকল সাহাবাকে মুক্ত করে নেয়ার মাধ্যমে।

২. ইবাদাত পালনে ইখলাস ও ঐকান্তিক নিষ্ঠা যেন অর্জিত হয় এবং রিয়া ও প্রদর্শনেচ্ছা থেকে যেন দূরে থাকা যায় সে জন্য মহান রবের দরবারে আকুতি প্রকাশ তাওহীদমুখীতারই অন্তর্গত। আনাস রা. থেকে একটি সারফু হাদীসে বর্ণিত হয়েছে, “হে আল্লাহ, এমন হজ্ব চাই যা হবে রিয়া ও লোক দেখানো থেকে মুক্ত।” (সুনান ইবন মাজাহ : ২৮৯০)

৩. তাওয়াফ শেষে যে দু'রাকাত সালাত আদায় করতে হয় তাতে সূরা ইখলাস ও সূরা আল-কাফিরুন পাঠের সুন্নাত তাওহীদের প্রতি গুরুত্বেরই বহি:প্রকাশ। জাবের রা.-এর হাদীসে এসেছে, “রাসূল সা. এ দু'রাকাতে তাওহীদভিত্তিক সূরা ও ‘কূল ইয়া আইয়ুহাল কাফিরুন' পাঠ করলেন।” (সুনান আবিদাউদ, হাদীস নং-১৯১৯, সুনান আত-তিরমিযী, হাদীস নং ৮৬৯)

৪. সাফা-মারওয়ার সায়ী করার প্রাক্কালে তাওহীদ বিষয়ক দুআ' একত্ববাদের সাথে রাসূলুল্লাহ সা.-এর অবিচ্ছেদ্য সম্পর্ককে প্রকটভাবে ফুটিয়ে তোলে। জাবের রা. এর হাদীসে এসেছে, “অত:পর রাসূল সা. সাফায় আরোহন করলেন, কা'বা দৃষ্টিগ্রাহ্য হলো, তিনি কিবলামুখী হয়ে আল্লাহর একত্ববাদের কথা বললেন এবং তাঁর মাহত্ব্যের ঘোষণা দিলেন। তিনি বললেন, “আল্লাহ ছাড়া প্রকৃত কোন ইলাই নেই। তিনি একক তাঁর কোন শরীক নেই, রাজত্ব তাঁরই, প্রশংসাও তাঁর। তিনি সকল বিষয়ের উপর মতাবান...।” (সহীহ মুসলিম ১২১৮)

৫. আরাফার দু'আ ও যিক্রসমূহে ও তাওহীদের বাণী উচ্চারিত হয়েছে। রাসূলুল্লাহ সা. বলেছেন, “উত্তম দু'আ হলো আরাফার দিবসের দু'আ। আর আমিও আমার পূর্ববর্তী নভীদের সর্বোত্তম কথাটি হলÑ “আল্লাহ ব্যতীত সত্যিকার কোন ইলাহ নেই, তিনি একক, তাঁর কোন শরীক নেই, রাজত্ব তাঁরই, প্রশংসাও তাঁর। তিনি সকল বিষয়ের উপর মতাবান।”

তৃতীয়ত: আল্লাহর নিদর্শন ও সীমারেখাসমূহের প্রতি সম্মান প্রদর্শন
মহান আল্লাহ তাঁর নিদর্শনসমূহ ও নির্ধারিত সীমারেখার প্রতি সম্মান ও শ্রদ্ধা প্রদর্শন করতে নির্দেশ দিয়েছেন। তিনি যেসব বিষয়কে সম্মান করার নির্দেশ দিয়েছেন সেগুলোকে যথার্থভাবে সম্মান করা আল্লাহর নিষ্ঠাবান বান্দা হওয়ার শর্ত ও কল্যাণার্জনের পথ হিসাবে বিবেচিত।

পবিত্র কুরআনে হজ্বের কিছু আহকাম উল্লেখ করার পর আল্লাহ বলেছেন, “এটাই এবং যে ব্যক্তি আল্লাহর নির্ধারিত সীমারেখার সম্মান রা করে, তার রবের কাছে তা উত্তম।” (সূরা আল হাজ্ব : ৩০) নির্ধারিত সীমারেখা বলতে পূর্বের আয়াতে বর্ণিত হজ্বের কাজগুলোকে বুঝানো হয়েছে। আল্লাহ তাআলা আরো বলেন, “ওটাই এবং যারা আল্লাহর নিদর্শনসমূহ সম্মান করে, তা তাদের হৃদয়ের তাকওয়ার অন্তর্গত।” (সূরা আল-হাজ্ব : ৩২) রাসূলুল্লাহ সা. বলেছেন, “এ উম্মাত ততণ পর্যন্ত কল্যাণের মধ্যে থাকবে, যতণ পর্যন্ত তারা এ হারাম (অর্থাৎ কাবা) কে যথার্থবাবে সম্মান করবে, আর যখন তারা সম্মান হারাবে, তখন তারা ধ্বংস হয়ে যাবে।” (সুনান ইবন মাজাহ)।

লেখক: সহকারী অধ্যাপক, জাতীয় বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়, গাজীপুর

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 06:06:54 PM by shibli »

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »
Who are those who should go to Hajj?
“…Pilgrimage thereto is a duty mankind owe to Allah, those who can afford the journey, but if any deny faith, Allah stands not in need of any of His creatures.” [3.97]

Hajj is therefore mandatory as soon as one can afford the journey. When one has earned enough to cover all the liabilities that would be incurred solely due to the journey, Hajj becomes a duty. Liabilities would include cost of journey, visas, accommodation, expenses for those left behind and expenses immediately upon return (as there may be loss of wages during the journey). If we believe that it is Allah who Provides, what level of priority should we give to performing Hajj?
“…whoever holds in honor the Symbols of Allah (rush to fulfill the purpose of the rituals) such (honor) should come truly from piety of heart.” [22.32]

If one believes that their existence, their provision, their sustenance, their blessings, their opportunities, their successes are all given by Allah what should be the response at the first available opportunity to perform a duty for Him? Should one who believes rush to show his/her gratefulness? To help us understand, Allah reminds us:
“O men! It is you that have need of Allah: but Allah is the One Free of all wants (alone) Worthy of all Praise.” [35.15]

In our day-to-day rush to prove our worth and be successful, who do we need? To whom do we owe the success, status and position we enjoy in society? If, after enjoying blessings, one does not rush to show gratitude, what does it imply? What should be the attitude of a person who believes and wishes to be grateful?

What should be a person’s attitude during the actual Hajj? Should one look for opportunities to please Allah? Where/how would one find opportunities? How can one please Allah? Let us look at what Allah wants from us during Hajj:
“"That they may witness the benefits (provided) for them and celebrate the name of Allah through the Days appointed…” [22.28a]

Throughout one’s life, what are the benefits or blessings given by Allah? The sojourn of Hajj provides each person an opportunity to reflect on blessings given by Allah and thank Him, i.e. testify that it is Allah alone that has given the blessings and thank Him with complete devotion and piety in our hearts.
“…over the cattle which He has provided for them: then eat thereof and feed the distressed ones in want.” [22.28b]

One example of blessing is the food that Allah has provided for our Sustenance. While enjoying and thanking Allah for our food, we should not overlook the needs of those around us who are less well off.
   â€œ"Then let them complete the rites prescribed for them perform their vows…” [22.29]

Which vow is the most important?
   â€œBeing true in faith to Allah and never assigning partners to Him…” [22.31]

It needs to be worked out that self, any quality of self, wealth, status, ancestors, prophets, idols, animals, religious leaders, “pirs”, Satan, Jinn, stones, etc. are all created. Giving priority to any other being or thing other than Allah or using them as intercessors is tantamount to assigning partners to the Creator.
“Those whom they invoke besides Allah create nothing and are themselves created.” [16.20]

Allah points out that:
   â€œBehold! Verily to Allah belong all creatures in the heavens and on earth…” [10.66]

Hajj gives us the opportunity to work out what creation means and understand the right of the Creator to be given credit as the Creator of each moment. To do this, we can follow the steps of Abraham. Abraham worked out who the Creator is and gave Him the rightful priority.

In addition, Allah points out our day-to-day conduct during Hajj:
“…If anyone undertakes that duty therein let there be no obscenity or wickedness nor wrangling in the Hajj. And whatever good you do (be sure) Allah knows it. And take a provision (with you) for the journey but the best of provisions is right conduct. So fear Me O you that are wise.!” [2.197]

Allah recommends best behavior during Hajj. Who are the people that one comes in contact with during Hajj? In an effort to please Allah, what can one do in relation to those around? The people that one comes in contact with are: Hajj operators, fellow pilgrims, elderly pilgrims, pilgrims trying to please Allah, shop keepers, people in the street. Would Allah be pleased if one went out of their way to help others, did not break queues, did not get annoyed when others break queues, helped others get food, helped the sick and needy, helping others understand and reflect about creation and the Creator, etc. In whatever manner one tries to be good and patient, Allah will take this into account.

One may then ask for both blessings in this world and the next.
“Say: "Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter and defend us from the torment of the fire!"” [2.201]

If we fulfill the conditions laid above, Allah then promises:

2.202 “To these will be allotted what they have earned and Allah is quick in account.”
To those who have pious intentions towards Allah and want to be grateful and please Him Allah guides: if such a one wishes to leave 2 days after Hajj is complete, one is free to do so. If one wishes to continue prayer and contemplation, again one is free to do so as one is inclined.

2.203 “Celebrate the praises of Allah during the Appointed Days but if anyone hastens to leave in two days there is no blame on him and if anyone stays on there is no blame on him if his aim is to do right. Then fear Allah and know that you will surely be gathered unto Him (on the Day of Judgment)”.
Vice Chancellor

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 09:11:23 PM »
In our daily lives we meet people of various natures. Of these, how many want the best that they can get? To get what they want, most pray earnestly to the Creator. Allah categorizes those who ask/pray for the best into two types:
   â€œâ€¦There are men who pray: "Our Lord! Give us (thy bounties) in this world!"…” [2.200]

“And there are men who pray: "Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter and defend us from the torment of the fire!"” [2.201]

What is the difference between these two types of attitudes? Both recognize that it is the Creator Who grants everything; however for the first type it is success and good only in the current world that matters. The second type recognizes that there is a purpose in the current world and that one’s intentions and actions will decide the fate in the next world or Hereafter. The second type therefore prays for good both in this world and the Hereafter as well as seeks protection from the punishment of the fire.

Do these attitudes spell different types of belief? For the first type of person belief goes as far as he/she can see, a dog-eat-dog world – such people would do anything or pray to anything to be successful or get what they want. To such people death, accountability or after life is unacceptable – everything perishes upon death. Allah gives an example of the nature of such a person:
“You will indeed find them, of all people most greedy of life – even more than the idolaters; each one of them wishes he could be given a life of a thousand years; but the grant of such life will not save him from (due) punishment for Allah sees well All that they do.” [2.96]

What is the attitude of such a person towards the current world and the things he/she enjoys? What is the attitude of such a person towards himself/herself? What picture does such a person paint of this world and their pursuits? What impression of the world does this person give to the people around him/her?

2.204 There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life may dazzle you and he calls Allah to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies.

Whether or not a person prays, who [18.44] is it that grants success? Is it Allah’s right to be thanked for all that we enjoy? Instead of thanking Allah [7.10], each success adds to the feeling of greatness of such a person. The person then feels that Allah should see the goodness/ greatness in the heart of the person!

Can created beings afford to be arrogant? When a Formula One car wins a race, how much credit belongs to the driver, the car itself and the car manufacturer? If the car suddenly stands up and asks observers to witness how great it is, how should the manufacturer feel? If the car then demands appreciation from the manufacturer what would you think?

Similarly, what signal does a person send to the Creator when he/she wishes Him to see how great he/she is?
“…there is nothing in their hearts but (the quest of) greatness which they shall never attain to…” [40.56]

“Those who love the life of this world more than the Hereafter hinder (men) from the Path of Allah and seek therein something crooked: they are astray by a long distance.” [14.3]

How does one become a contentious enemy, i.e. by causing differing views in people? Instead of giving the Creator rightful credit, such a person falsely credits himself. What would observers or those around think? They may then falsely give undeserving credit to him as well and also learn to credit themselves instead of the Creator! Such a person has not only turned his own back on the Creator, he has become a cause for misleading others [16.88].

To make money such a person may go to any lengths. For example to create a market for selling of arms and ammunition, this person may help create conflict, i.e. engineer things or spread mischief to further the cause of making money. In this example, to divert others, the person may then take credit that he has created a deterrent by arming both sides equally [2.11 – 2.12]!

2.205 When he turns his back his aim everywhere is to spread mischief through the earth and destroy crops and cattle. But Allah loves not mischief.

How does one turn one’s back? To understand this, let us study a familiar example. Why does one normally trust and follow a manufacturer’s manual? Would it be logical and sensible to assume that the manufacturer knows better about the characteristics of the product than the user? If a person now recited the manual without understanding and then used the product as he/she personally ‘believed’ best, what would your reaction be? Would this person have turned his/her back on the manual? If the person believes he/she knows better, could this feeling be classified as arrogance? Similarly, if the Qur’an is the Creator’s Manual for Mankind (confirming previous Revelations), how does one turn his back [17.89]?
“"My Verses (‘Ayaat’) used to be rehearsed to you but you used to turn back on your heels in arrogance: talking nonsense about the (Qur'an) like one telling fables by night." Do they not ponder over the Word (of Allah) or has anything (new) come to them that did not come to their fathers of old?” [23.66 – 23.68]

2.206 When it is said to him "Fear Allah" he is led by arrogance to (more) crime. Enough for him is Hell; an evil bed indeed (to lie on)!
Allah now proceeds to talk about the other type of person. A type of person who uses the Qur’an as a manufacturer’s manual should be studied [2.121] and used.
“To the righteous (when) it is said, "What is it that your Lord has revealed?" they say "All that is good." To those who do good there is good in this world and the Home of the Hereafter is even better…” [16.30]

2.207 And there is the type of man who gives his life to earn the pleasure of Allah; and Allah is full of kindness to (His) devotees.

2.208 O you who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heartedly; and follow not the footsteps of the Evil One; for he is to you an avowed enemy.
Vice Chancellor

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 06:48:11 PM »
HAJJ ALSO COMPLEATE SECTION IN ISLAM (FIVE SECTOR)
BUT HAJJ IS ONLY FOR RICH MAN WHO ABILITY TO GO HAJJ (MAKKAH).
BUT HAVE ANY WAY GET A FULL HAJJ SOUAB IN ANY POOR MAN?

I THINK THAT ALLAH CAN GIVE OUR CHANCE TO GET A KOBULIAT HAJJ SOUAB.
IN MORNING WE PRAY SALATOL ESHHAK (6 RAKAT)

Surah Al-Hajj (The Pilgrimage)

1. O mankind! Fear your Lord and be dutiful to Him! Verily, the earthquake of the Hour (of Judgement) is a terrible thing.

2. The Day you shall see it, every nursing mother will forget her nursling, and every pregnant one will drop her load, and you shall see mankind as in a drunken state, yet they will not be drunken, but severe will be the Torment of Allâh.

3. And among mankind is he who disputes concerning Allâh, without knowledge, and follows every rebellious (disobedient to Allâh) Shaitân (devil) (devoid of each and every kind of good).

4. For him (the devil) it is decreed that whosoever follows him, he will mislead him, and will drive him to the torment of the Fire. [Tafsir At-Tabarî]

5. O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily! We have created you (i.e. Adam) from dust, then from a Nutfah (mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge i.e. offspring of Adam), then from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood) then from a little lump of flesh, some formed and some unformed (miscarriage), that We may make (it) clear to you (i.e. to show you Our Power and Ability to do what We will). And We cause whom We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed term, then We bring you out as infants, then (give you growth) that you may reach your age of full strength. And among you there is he who dies (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the miserable old age, so that he knows nothing after having known. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells and puts forth every lovely kind (of growth).

6. That is because Allâh, He is the Truth, and it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who is Able to do all things.

7. And surely, the Hour is coming, there is no doubt about it, and certainly, Allâh will resurrect those who are in the graves.

8. And among men is he who disputes about Allâh, without knowledge or guidance, or a Book giving light (from Allâh),

9. Bending his neck in pride (far astray from the Path of Allâh), and leading (others) too (far) astray from the Path of Allâh. For him there is disgrace in this worldly life, and on the Day of Resurrection We shall make him taste the torment of burning (Fire).

10. That is because of what your hands have sent forth, and verily, Allâh is not unjust to (His) slaves.

11. And among mankind is he who worships Allâh as it were, upon the very edge (i.e. in doubt); if good befalls him, he is content therewith; but if a trial befalls him, he turns back on his face (i.e. reverts back to disbelief after embracing Islâm). He loses both this world and the Hereafter. That is the evident loss.

12. He calls besides Allâh unto that which hurts him not, nor profits him. That is a straying far away.

13. He calls unto him whose harm is nearer than his profit; certainly, and evil Maula (patron) and certainly an evil friend!

14. Truly, Allâh will admit those who believe (in Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds (according to the Qur'ân and the Sunnah) to Gardens underneath which rivers flow (in Paradise). Verily, Allâh does what He wills.

15. Whoever thinks that Allâh will not help him (Muhammad ) in this world and in the Hereafter, let him stretch out a rope to the ceiling and let him strangle himself. Then let him see whether his plan will remove that whereat he rages!

16. Thus have We sent it (this Qur'ân) down (to Muhammad ) as clear signs, evidences and proofs, and surely, Allâh guides whom He wills.

17. Verily, those who believe (in Allâh and in His Messenger Muhammad ), and those who are Jews, and the Sabians, and the Christians, and the Magians, and those who worship others besides Allâh, truly, Allâh will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection. Verily! Allâh is Witness over all things.

18. See you not that to Allâh prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth, and the sun, and the moon, and the stars, and the mountains, and the trees, and Ad-Dawâb (moving living creatures, beasts, etc.), and many of mankind? But there are many (men) on whom the punishment is justified. And whomsoever Allâh disgraces, none can honour him. Verily! Allâh does what He wills.

19. These two opponents (believers and disbelievers) dispute with each other about their Lord; then as for those who disbelieve, garments of fire will be cut out for them, boiling water will be poured down over their heads.

20. With it will melt or vanish away what is within their bellies, as well as (their) skins.

21. And for them are hooked rods of iron (to punish them).

22. Every time they seek to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be driven back therein, and (it will be) said to them: "Taste the torment of burning!"

23. Truly, Allâh will admit those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, to Gardens underneath which rivers flow (in Paradise), wherein they will be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls and their garments therein will be of silk.

24. And they are guided (in this world) unto goodly speech (i.e. Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh, Alhamdu lillâh, recitation of the Qur'ân, etc.) and they are guided to the Path of Him (i.e. Allâh's Religion of Islâmic Monotheism), Who is Worthy of all praises.

25. Verily! Those who disbelieve and hinder (men) from the Path of Allâh, and from Al-Masjid-al-Harâm (at Makkah) which We have made (open) to (all) men, the dweller in it and the visitor from the country are equal there [as regards its sanctity and pilgrimage (Hajj and 'Umrah)]. And whoever inclines to evil actions therein or to do wrong (i.e. practise polytheism and leave Islâmic Monotheism), him We shall cause to taste a painful torment.

26. And (remember) when We showed Ibrâhim (Abraham) the site of the (Sacred) House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me, [Lâ ilâha ill-Allâh (none has the right to be worshipped but Allâh Islâmic Monotheism], and sanctify My House for those who circumambulate it, and those who stand up for prayer, and those who bow (submit themselves with humility and obedience to Allâh), and make prostration (in prayer, etc.);"

27. And proclaim to mankind the Hajj (pilgrimage). They will come to you on foot and on every lean camel, they will come from every deep and distant (wide) mountain highway (to perform Hajj).

28. That they may witness things that are of benefit to them (i.e. reward of Hajj in the Hereafter, and also some worldly gain from trade, etc.), and mention the Name of Allâh on appointed days (i.e. 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th day of Dhul-Hijjâh), over the beast of cattle that He has provided for them (for sacrifice) (at the time of their slaughtering by saying: Bismillah, Wallâhu-Akbar, Allâhumma Minka wa Ilaik). Then eat thereof and feed therewith the poor who have a very hard time.

29. Then let them complete the prescribed duties (Manâsik of Hajj) for them, and perform their vows, and circumambulate the Ancient House (the Ka'bah at Makkah).

30. That (Manâsik prescribed duties of Hajj is the obligation that mankind owes to Allâh), and whoever honours the sacred things of Allâh, then that is better for him with his Lord. The cattle are lawful to you, except those (that will be) mentioned to you (as exceptions). So shun the abomination (worshipping) of idol, and shun lying speech (false statements)

31. Hunafâ' Lillâh (i.e. to worship none but Allâh), not associating partners (in worship, etc.) unto Him and whoever assigns partners to Allâh, it is as if he had fallen from the sky, and the birds had snatched him, or the wind had thrown him to a far off place.

32. Thus it is [what has been mentioned in the above said Verses (27, 28, 29, 30, 31) is an obligation that mankind owes to Allâh]. And whosoever honours the Symbols of Allâh, then it is truly from the piety of the heart.

33. In them (cattle offered for sacrifice) are benefits for you for an appointed term, and afterwards they are brought for sacrifice unto the ancient House (the Haram - sacred territory of Makkah city).

34. And for every nation We have appointed religious ceremonies, that they may mention the Name of Allâh over the beast of cattle that He has given them for food. And your Ilâh (God) is One Ilâh (God Allâh), so you must submit to Him Alone (in Islâm). And (O Muhammad ) give glad tidings to the Mukhbitin [those who obey Allâh with humility and are humble from among the true believers of Islâmic Monotheism],

35. Whose hearts are filled with fear when Allâh is mentioned; who patiently bear whatever may befall them (of calamities); and who perform As­Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and who spend (in Allâh's Cause) out of what We have provided them.

36. And the Budn (cows, oxen, or camels driven to be offered as sacrifices by the pilgrims at the sanctuary of Makkah.) We have made for you as among the Symbols of Allâh, therein you have much good. So mention the Name of Allâh over them when they are drawn up in lines (for sacrifice). Then, when they are down on their sides (after slaughter), eat thereof, and feed the beggar who does not ask (men), and the beggar who asks (men). Thus have We made them subject to you that you may be grateful.

37. It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches Allâh, but it is piety from you that reaches Him. Thus have We made them subject to you that you may magnify Allâh for His Guidance to you. And give glad tidings (O Muhammad ) to the Muhsinûn (doers of good).

38. Truly, Allâh defends those who believe. Verily! Allâh likes not any treacherous ingrate to Allâh [those who disobey Allâh but obey Shaitân (Satan)].

39. Permission to fight is given to those (i.e. believers against disbelievers), who are fighting them, (and) because they (believers) have been wronged, and surely, Allâh is Able to give them (believers) victory

40. Those who have been expelled from their homes unjustly only because they said: "Our Lord is Allâh." - For had it not been that Allâh checks one set of people by means of another, monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, wherein the Name of Allâh is mentioned much would surely have been pulled down. Verily, Allâh will help those who help His (Cause). Truly, Allâh is All-Strong, All-Mighty.

41. Those (Muslim rulers) who, if We give them power in the land, (they) order for Iqamat-as-Salât. [i.e. to perform the five compulsory congregational Salât (prayers) (the males in mosques)], to pay the Zakât and they enjoin Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do), and forbid Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism and all that Islâm has forbidden) [i.e. they make the Qur'ân as the law of their country in all the spheres of life]. And with Allâh rests the end of (all) matters (of creatures).

42. And if they belie you (O Muhammad ), so were belied the Prophets before them, (by) the people of Nûh (Noah), 'Ad and Thamûd,

43. And the people of Ibrâhim (Abraham) and the people of Lout (Lot),

44. And the dwellers of Madyan (Midian); and belied was Mûsa (Moses), but I granted respite to the disbelievers for a while, then I seized them, and how (terrible) was My Punishment (against their wrong-doing).

45. And many a township have We destroyed while it was given to wrong-doing, so that it lies in ruins (up to this day), and (many) a deserted well and lofty castles!

46. Have they not travelled through the land, and have they hearts wherewith to understand and ears wherewith to hear? Verily, it is not the eyes that grow blind, but it is the hearts which are in the breasts that grow blind.

47. And they ask you to hasten on the torment! And Allâh fails not His Promise. And verily, a day with your Lord is as a thousand years of what you reckon.

48. And many a township did I give respite while it was given to wrong-doing. Then (in the end) I seized it (with punishment). And to Me is the (final) return (of all).

49. Say (O Muhammad ): "O mankind! I am (sent) to you only as a plain warner."

50. So those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, for them is forgiveness and Rizqûn Karîm (generous provision, i.e. Paradise).

51. But those who strive against Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), to frustrate and obstruct them, they will be dwellers of the Hell-fire.

52. Never did We send a Messenger or a Prophet before you, but; when he did recite the revelation or narrated or spoke, Shaitân (Satan) threw (some falsehood) in it. But Allâh abolishes that which Shaitân (Satan) throws in. Then Allâh establishes His Revelations. And Allâh is All-Knower, All-Wise:

53. That He (Allâh) may make what is thrown in by Shaitân (Satan) a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease (of hypocrisy and disbelief) and whose hearts are hardened. And certainly, the Zalimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.) are in an opposition far-off (from the truth against Allâh's Messenger and the believers).

54. And that those who have been given knowledge may know that it (this Qur'ân) is the truth from your Lord, and that they may believe therein, and their hearts may submit to it with humility. And verily, Allâh is the Guide of those who believe, to the Straight Path.

55. And those who disbelieve will not cease to be in doubt about it (this Qur'ân) until the Hour comes suddenly upon them, or there comes to them the torment of the Day after which there will be no night (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).

56. The sovereignty on that Day will be that of Allâh (the one Who has no partners). He will judge between them. So those who believed (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and did righteous good deeds will be in Gardens of delight (Paradise).

57. And those who disbelieved and belied Our Verses (of this Qur'ân), for them will be a humiliating torment (in Hell).

58. Those who emigrated in the Cause of Allâh and after that were killed or died, surely, Allâh will provide a good provision for them. And verily, it is Allâh Who indeed is the Best of those who make provision.

59. Truly, He will make them enter an entrance with which they shall be well-pleased, and verily, Allâh indeed is All-Knowing, Most Forbearing.

60. That is so. And whoever has retaliated with the like of that which he was made to suffer, and then has again been wronged, Allâh will surely help him. Verily! Allâh indeed is Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.

61. That is because Allâh merges the night into the day, and He merges the day into the night. And verily, Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Seer.

62. That is because Allâh He is the Truth (the only True God of all that exists, Who has no partners or rivals with Him), and what they (the polytheists) invoke besides Him, it is Bâtil (falsehood) And verily, Allâh He is the Most High, the Most Great.

63. See you not that Allâh sends down water (rain) from the sky, and then the earth becomes green? Verily, Allâh is the Most Kind and Courteous, Well-Acquainted with all things.

64. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth. And verily, Allâh He is Rich (Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise.

65. See you not that Allâh has subjected to you (mankind) all that is on the earth, and the ships that sail through the sea by His Command? He withholds the heaven from falling on the earth except by His Leave. Verily, Allâh is, for mankind, full of Kindness, Most Merciful.

66. It is He, Who gave you life, and then will cause you to die, and will again give you life (on the Day of Resurrection). Verily! Man is indeed an ingrate.

67. For every nation We have ordained religious ceremonies [e.g. slaughtering of the beast of cattle during the three days of stay at Mîna (Makkah) during the Hajj (pilgrimage)] which they must follow; so let them (pagans) not dispute with you on the matter (i.e. to eat of the cattle which you slaughter, and not to eat of cattle which Allâh kills by its natural death), but invite them to your Lord. Verily! You (O Muhammad ) indeed are on the (true) straight guidance. (i.e. the true religion of Islâmic Monotheism).

68. And if they argue with you (as regards the slaughtering of the sacrifices), say; "Allâh knows best of what you do.

69. "Allâh will judge between you on the Day of Resurrection about that wherein you used to differ."

70. Know you not that Allâh knows all that is in heaven and on earth? Verily, it is (all) in the Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfûz). Verily! That is easy for Allâh.

71. And they worship besides Allâh others for which He has sent down no authority, and of which they have no knowledge and for the Zâlimûn (wrong-doers, polytheists and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh) there is no helper.

72. And when Our Clear Verses are recited to them, you will notice a denial on the faces of the disbelievers! They are nearly ready to attack with violence those who recite Our Verses to them. Say: "Shall I tell you of something worse than that? The Fire (of Hell) which Allâh has promised to those who disbelieve, and worst indeed is that destination!"

73. O mankind! A similitude has been coined, so listen to it (carefully): Verily! Those on whom you call besides Allâh, cannot create (even) a fly, even though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly snatched away a thing from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought.

74. They have not estimated Allâh His Rightful Estimate; Verily, Allâh is All-Strong, All-Mighty.

75. Allâh chooses Messengers from angels and from men. Verily, Allâh is All-Hearer, All-Seer.

76. He knows what is before them, and what is behind them. And to Allâh return all matters (for decision).

77. O you who believe! Bow down, and prostrate yourselves, and worship your Lord and do good that you may be successful.

78. And strive hard in Allâh's Cause as you ought to strive (with sincerity and with all your efforts that His Name should be superior). He has chosen you (to convey His Message of Islâmic Monotheism to mankind by inviting them to His religion, Islâm), and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship, it is the religion of your father Ibrahim (Abraham) (Islâmic Monotheism). It is He (Allâh) Who has named you Muslims both before and in this (the Qur'ân), that the Messenger (Muhammad ) may be a witness over you and you be witnesses over mankind! So perform As­Salât (Iqamat-as-Salât), give Zakât and hold fast to Allâh [i.e. have confidence in Allâh, and depend upon Him in all your affairs] He is your Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.), what an Excellent Maula (Patron, Lord, etc.) and what an Excellent Helper!

THANKS
SIR
A NEW TOPICS FOR HAJJ

I HAVE A HAJJ WEB SITE
www.zilhajjtravels.blogspot.com[/color]]www.zilhajjtravels.blogspot.com[
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 06:59:18 PM by BRE SALAM SONY »
আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
Hajj Matters
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 09:16:01 PM »
Dear Forum Member,

Hajj season Mubarak!

Here is a brief tafseer on verses relating to the Hajj:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/39221796/Hajj-Pilgrimage-Matters

Best regards.

-Yousuf
Vice Chancellor

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 03:17:11 AM »
Thanks Mr/Mrs ymislam
really your linking post is so very informative.
but at now i am stay in holy makkah for hajj 2010.
i will pray to allah for every muslim.
thanks
আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com