8 Tips to Help Lower Your Cancer Risk
The American Cancer Society recommends a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats â€” to being heart healthy, may also be beneficial in helping to lower your risk of developing cancer.... Here are small lifestyle changes you can make today that may help lower your risk of developing cancer in the future:
* Limit or avoid fried foods.
* Choose whole grains over refined-flour products.
* Cut down on sweets.
* Avoid meats high in fat.
* Eat a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
* Limit consumption of alcoholic beverages to no more than one drink a day if youâ€™re a woman or two if youâ€™re a man.
* Quit smoking.
* Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight.
Taking control of your health by following these tips will help lower your risk of developing many kinds of cancer. Some people are genetically predisposed to cancer because of family history or environmental influences. If you think you may be at high risk of developing cancer, consult your physician.