TEAM

Author Topic: TEAM  (Read 4441 times)

Offline irina

• View Profile
TEAM
« on: February 26, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »
Can we imagine  working on a project alone in office and no one out there to support and assist us? Definitely not! We all love to be a part of a team and do things through teamwork.

Teamwork can be defined as an activity or a set of inter-related activities done by more than one person to meet a common goal. Teamwork is not followed only in the corporate world today, rather it is one of the oldest things known to man. Mankind has worked in teams and groups since the primitive days of civilization. Hunting and wandering together in groups is an apt example of teamwork during those days. It is only in recent times, that it has been developed as a 'concept' in the management jargon.

T - Together
E - Everyone
A - Achieves
M - More

I am sure you have definitely heard or read the above extended form of the word TEAM many times. Together Everyone Achieves More, itself conveys the importance of teamwork in the workplace and elsewhere.
Source: www.buzzle.com/article/teamwork-in-the-workplace
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:16:33 PM by irina »

Offline irina

• View Profile
Re: TEAM
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 04:49:35 PM »
Why is Teamwork Important at Workplace?

The importance of working in a team are many. It involves the joint efforts of a number of people to achieve a common goal. Therefore every organization should emphasize on the importance of teamwork for the overall growth of the company.

Fast Learning
We tend to learn things at a faster rate, if we are working as a team. The experiences and knowledge of the older team members help us to grasp new concepts quickly. At the same time it proves to be an added bonus for us as we can avoid mistakes at work.

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:53:52 AM »

Working in a team has an advantage of the workload getting distributed among all the team members. With work properly distributed, you can concentrate on a single activity till the time you gain expertise in it and you do not feel stressed out due to work.

Building Bonds
Continuous interaction with the team members, working with them for the day, having your meals with them, sharing your joys and sorrows helps in building a strong bond between each other. In this way, you can even make friends for a lifetime.

Healthy Competition
Just think of a situation where people are competing with each other and trying to excel better than the other. At the same time they are helping and assisting each other in work-related as well as personal difficulties and problems. Wouldn't that be a great sight! Well this is possible when you work as a team, as everyone is emotionally bonded to each other.
Source:www.buzzle.com/articles/teamwork-in-the-workplace.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:00:58 PM by irina »

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 12:11:54 PM »
Exploring Creativity
While working in a team you will never be alone, you will always have some or the other person to suggest you good things. Suggestions and advice can help you in generating new ideas and bring out the creativity in you.

Job Satisfaction
Teamwork is one of the most important reasons for employee job satisfaction. This is because working in a team improves employee performance as well as makes the work enjoyable.

Increased Speed of Work
With many people handling a single project and doing the assigned work properly, the overall work speed increases and your team can complete the project well within the given time frame.

The above-mentioned benefits of teamwork were team specific.  Effective teamwork in the workplace benefits the organization by increasing the productivity which is important to meet the targets and fulfill commitments. Also, teamwork ensures maximum use of manpower.

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »
Working as a team can benefit you as an individual, as a team as well as an organization. For some people it might be a bit difficult to adjust in a group initially, but I am sure, they will gradually learn to adjust and work as a team. Effective teamwork motivates an individual to grow into a responsible citizen and accomplish individual as well as organizational goals.In the present day globally competitive market, the real success of an institution lies in the performance of its motivated and spirited team.
Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/teamwork-in-the-workplace.html

Offline asma alam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:40:35 AM »
Dear Irina Miss,
Your topic is very inspiring to convince people to work in a team. But this spirit can prove in vain if the
members lack patience. They should not be egocentric also.

Offline shipra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 11:20:01 AM »
Goop point madam, actually by sharing, we can know about our right and wrong, by team work we can share

Offline R B Habib

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »
Dear Irina Miss
Thanks for sharing the Post. I liked the way you defined TEAM. I make my students do team work in every course. Now I am going to use this definition every time I make them do so.

The point raised by Asma madam is true indeed. We need to grow that patience in students with patience.
Rabeya Binte Habib
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil Int. University

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
Dear Irina Madam,

I liked the way you defined TEAM.We can share this definition with our students during pair work or group work activities.I also agree with Asma madam that it demands a lot of patience and has a risk of dealing with egocentric people.Still,for faster achievements, we need to increase team work as much as possible.

Regards

Shamsi

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
Dear loved ones
I feel exalted seeing your precious comments.
Thank you.

Offline fatema_diu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 05:35:13 PM »
Thanks for sharing!