DIUMUNA’s vision is to raise the concern of Daffodil International University students to Model United Nations conferences and will gain many achievements in the competitions. The mission, DIUMUNA is eager to be the organization that can:
1. Equip students with diplomatic competences that encompasses global issue comprehension, public speaking, negotiation and leadership skill
2. Prepare DIU students to compete in MUN and achieve awards for the delegates
3. Coordinate the deployment of Daffodil International University ’s delegation to MUNs in relations to acquire university’s official acknowledgement and endorsement
4. Daffodil International University’s participation in the international forum as to accelerate Daffodil International University ’s progress as a World Class University
5. Be the media of youth contribution to achieve world peace through United Nations.
Model United Nations (also known as "Model UN" or simply "MUN") is an educational simulation that focuses on civics, communications, and multilateral diplomacy.
During a Model United Nations conference, students take on roles as foreign diplomats and participate in a simulated session of an intergovernmental organization (IGO). Participants research a country, take on a role as a diplomat, investigate international issues, debate, deliberate, consult, and then develop solutions to world issues. During a simulation they must employ a variety of communications and critical thinking skills to defend and advance the policies of their country.
Daffodil International University Model United Nation Association is a student based organization that works for the intellectual and creative development of Daffodil International University students under the concept of United Nations assemblies. It is dedicated to boost up the students volunteerism, their creative faculties and rational qualities. It has a dedicated, active and energetic group of students to promote the concept of Model United Nations and its practice in Bangladesh. It imparts trainings, workshops and different brainstorming activities for its members to participate in different MUN Conferences around the world. It also maintains bilateral relations among universities beyond national borders to keep the students up-to-date with the ideas of international arena.