DIU 2nd Business festival 2010
Date: July 1-3, 2010
Venue: Daffodil International University Auditorium Organized By Daffodil International University Business and Education Club (DIUBEC)
Career Development Centre of Daffodil International University (CDC)
Objective of the Festival: To enhance the practical capabilities of the students through providing real life exposure.
Participants of the Festival: More than 5000 Students of Daffodil International University.
Target Audience: A good number of corporate leaders, media personnel, educationists, celebrities and people from different sector of the society will join this mega event.
Events of the Festival
01. Young Entrepreneur Fair
In this event students will participate with a team of 5 members. Maximum 20 teams will be allowed to participate in the event. Each group has to prepare a business plan first and then the CDC will provide them same number of stalls to implement their plan partially. A high profiled adjudication panel will be formed including senior faculty members and corporate personnel to evaluate the performance of the participants. After three daysâ€™ observation the adjudication panel will submit the final result. Registration fee for the event is Tk. 500.00 per team. There will be three prizes for the event. The champion, the Runner-up and the 2nd Runner-up will get Tk. 7500.00, Tk. 5000.00 and Tk. 3000.00 respectively.
02. Business Case Competition
In this event students will participate with a team of 3 members. Maximum 15 teams will be allowed to participate in the event. A predetermined business case will be provided to the participants who will have to solve the case within a certain time period. At the same time they have to demonstrate a power point presentation in front of the adjudication panel. Registration fee for the event is Tk. 300.00 per team. There will be prize money for the event. The champion, the Runner-up and the 2nd Runner-up will get Tk. 3000.00, Tk. 2000.00 and Tk. 1500.00 respectively.
03. Quiz Competition
In this event students will participate individually. Maximum 500 students will be allowed to participate in the event. The questionnaire will be designed by considering present market scenario. The performance will be evaluated by the adjudication panel. The registration fee for this event is Tk. 50.00 per person. First prize for the competition is Tk. 2000.00. Runner-up is Tk. 1500 and 2nd Runner-up is Tk. 1200. In addition, 10 students will be awarded TK. 500 for their performance on the basis of score.
04. Meet the Leaders (Topic: Career Plan)
In this event renowned corporate leaders from different sectors like bank, foreign NGO, RMG, media, telecommunication and govt. sector will share their experiences and ideas with the participants. Maximum 300 students will be allowed to participate in the event. It will be a great opportunity for the students to enrich themselves with real life exposure through this session. The event is open for all.
05. Workshop on Communication Skills/ International Negotiation issue:
In this event students will participate individually. Maximum 50 students will be allowed to participate in the event. The workshop will be conducted by distinguished corporate gurus and academics. Registration fee for this event is Tk. 150.00 per person.
06. Seminar on Social Business /SME / Ethical Economics:
It will also be a great opportunity for the students to enrich themselves with real life exposure through this session. The seminar will be conducted by distinguished respective personnel and academics. Also, there will be a question-answer session following the seminar. The event is open for all.
07. Essay Competition: Students of different departments of this university are eligible to participate in this event. A student will write an essay on a specific topic selected by the committee within 2000 words and submit that to the respective committee on specific given date. The registration fee for the event is Tk. 200.00 each. Prize money for this event is Tk. 3000.00 for the Champion, Tk. 2000.00 for the Runner-up and Tk. 1500.00 for the 2nd Runner-up.
08. Business Drama conducted by DIUBEC: An interactive drama consisting of the present business scenario will be conducted by the members of the DIUBEC containing goals, objectives, features and future plan of a business student. The drama will be open for all so that all students, faculties and others can come to the close touch of the club.
09. Business Movie for students: A business movie will be shown to the students of DIU. The movie is open for all.
10. Opening & Closing Ceremony:
Both the opening and closing ceremony will be shared by distinguished corporate leaders, leading media personnel, renowned educationists. A colorful cultural program will be held after the award giving ceremony.