How to Improve Self Care

Author Topic: How to Improve Self Care  (Read 1069 times)

Offline sarmin sultana

• View Profile
How to Improve Self Care
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:10:34 AM »
*Sit alone in your room or anywhere do you like to go, with your diary, pen and paper.
*Be honest. On one page, mention the day, date, and time. It is very important because through this you will understand in how many days you get the results.
*Make the lists of your hobbies, your best qualities, your best achievements, your best relationships, your favourite colours, dresses, dishes and best moments. It will make you feel very relaxed and good about yourself.
*Make the list of bad things in yourself. Some people are reluctant to do this, but try to be as honest as you can. If you do not know what is bad about yourself, ask someone. Ask your mother, wife, girlfriend, sister or others. Choose people who know you well and even compare their answers to those of people who are less familiar with you - for example, a co-worker.
*Write in your diary about someone who hurt or angered you. Talk to him or her in person, and try to forgive them. You will then feel very relaxed because in this world, you and only you are most important. Being able to forgive people does not mean what they did was alright. It only means that you choose to not feel angry about it anymore, which can be very liberating.
*Exercise daily, without making lame excuses. Try to go out for a morning walk after your breakfast. As well as having many advantages to fitness and digestion, appreciating your surroundings brings peace. Walk somewhere green and full of nature if you can.
*Go to the hair parlour, change your style, cut, color, or have a massage. If you have do not a lot of money, you can do some of these things at home or find cheaper alternatives. If you have more money, go out and participate in the world around you. Shop, eat, see a film or hear some new music. Humans have evolved a need in their lives for art and culture. Dance if you have don't have health problems, or arrange a party.
*Talk in a positive way. Talk to yourself and about how you want more confidence, high self-esteem. For example:
•   I deserve to be happy and successful because I am most important in this world.
•   I have the power to change my self.
•   I have the power to forgive others.
•   I forgive myself for my past.
•   I can make my own choices and decisions.
•   I deserve love.
•   I am a very special and valuable person.
*Pay attention what you want, sit alone or listen to your inner voice, listen to what your body, mind and heart want because these are your best friends in this world.

*Always eat healthy food. Avoid junk food. Make a list of what and when you eat in your diary, and make changes where necessary. Also note if these changes give you more energy, or make you feel happier.

*Stand in front of a mirror. See yourself with love and repeat these words in your mind.
•   I am very beautiful.
•   Everyone is kind to me.
•   I have a great personality.
•   I deserve respect.
 *Avoid those people who treat you badly, sit near good people.

* Take time and do things you enjoy, like cooking, art, home decorating, etc.

*Make a special meal for yourself. Decorate your table with candles or decorate your dishes.
 *Learn something new and improve yourself. Learn a language, a skill or a new hobby.

*Laugh loudly. Take deep breaths because your brain needs fresh air.

Sarmin Sultana
Asst. Coordination Officer
BBA Program