About selling cigerates around campus

Author Topic: About selling cigerates around campus  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Anish

• View Profile
About selling cigerates around campus
« on: September 15, 2013, 01:52:17 PM »
Smoking is injurious to health. We all know that very well. Our Govt. is trying to make people aware about that. Although our university authority is also careful about this matter; I think they are not much active in real purpose. I mean, inside our campus a sine board shows us that, "cigarette smoking is not allowed here". That’s it. But just few steps out from the campus there is numerous stalls who are selling cigarettes. Pedestrian often falls in the face of some cigarette smoking faces. This is quite disturbing, for any age of people who don't smoke. There are young little kids who are going to schools with their parents, cross these smokers standing in the middle of the footpath and belching smoke like there is no tomorrow. They get annoyed at this and also get a clear indication that most of these smokers belong to DIU. At this age of the students university can't dominate the students about what to do and what not to do. They can smoke (& will smoke) as their sweet will. But the authority can narrow down the path for their smoking. Administration can stop or try to stop selling cigarettes near the campus. There may be and have to be a rule against selling tobacco products near educational institutions. The thing we need is just the implication of the rule. It may be (it is!)  A difficult task to stop selling cigarettes for a single citizen (like me, or my non-smoking friends); but I guess it is a little less tough for our administration to stop selling these things near our institution.
P.S. : Sorry in advanced for any mistakes in grammar.

Offline ishaquemijee

• View Profile
Re: About selling cigerates around campus
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 12:45:59 PM »
Thank you for your observation. We are trying our level best to solve the problem for ever. You know we have already removed all the cigarettes  shops from the front side. We have the plan to remove all the cigarettes shops around the campus gradually being our all campuses are declared as non smoking zone.

Offline Reza S. H.

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: About selling cigerates around campus
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 12:28:08 PM »
at least we can discourage the students in the class. this surely not going to add any value. we can restrict the sellers or vendors selling cigarettes near DIU campus. still if they want, they better select a particular area where teachers may not fall a victim to it.