Extra should be considered extra

Author Topic: Extra should be considered extra  (Read 40364 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Extra should be considered extra
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »
Dear students
Perhaps I couldn't make you all understand my point. Most of our students lack in basic study skills. They don't study according to the routine that they should prepare. That's why i always inspire you to carry sense of purpose every time, all the time.  Extra curricular activities are important like event management skill but not at the cost of your studies. I, being a member of Internship Internal Supervisor, observed that students who have already completed all courses' requirement of BBA, cannot answer the very basic questions like what is marketing, what is market, what is finance, what is the difference between loan and credit.  So, the question arises what have they learned in all these 4 years??? A student must know the basics of his or her studies. Most importantly, very often the interviewers ask the fundamental questions of a candidate's area of interest or studies. Students should also focus on their English language ability....  

It's true that all work and no play, no recreation just make us dull but we don't want students to be jack of all trades but master of none. Please focus on your studies, then try to excel in co-curricular activities. Your priority should be on your studies........If you want to excel in sports, then be like Sun and Moon, the twin students of DIU who got gold medals in the South Asian Competition. For another example, one of my students Sumon is always very good in co-curricular activities but his CGPA is more than 3.25, which is very basic and easy to acquire. Please don't waste your time in unproductive gossiping.....student life is the most precious time you will ever have, otherwise you have to repent.....

Warmly
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 10:38:29 AM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »
"A person only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people."_ Will Rogers Famous American 'cowboy humorist'
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Having a sense of purpose
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 11:22:38 AM »
According to Dr. Bell if you write your new intentions every day for one year, your brain will actually rewire itself to do what you desire.

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »
Dear Shibli Sir,

I am trying to write every day to fulfill my desire. Thanks.
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Basic Study Skills: Timetables
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »
The technique I’m about to show you is so simple, but I don’t know any students who use it. It’s incredibly easy to learn and will skyrocket your productivity but students stop using it around university. If a simple technique can produce such great results, why don’t people use it?

Because of its simplicity, most students assume it can’t help them. They assume the technique is for younger kids because of how easy it is to learn. The truth is, many successful entrepreneurs use this method.

If you take a second to learn this method I guarantee you will be able to complete your tasks more effectively, which will allow more time to enjoy life.

To give you an idea of how to set up a timetable, here is what I wrote today:

Tuesday August 10, 2010

5:00 – 5:30am Namaz

6:00 – 8:00 Studying Theoretical subjects

8:00 – 1:30 University Classes

2: 00– 3:00 Namaz and lunch

3:00--  4:00 Library work

5:00--  7:00 Reaching home, Namaaz, rest etc

7:00---10:00 Studying Math and theoretical subjects  

10:00 – Watching news channel, namaaz and sleep

You can get as detailed as you like, just make sure you stick to the times.

Allocating Time

If you give yourself too long to complete a task, you will be wasting time. Always give yourself just enough time. It’s better to give yourself less time than too much, here is why.

If you don’t finish a task, stop working on it and move on to the next assignment. Come back to this task once you finish the other on your list. This will prevent you from spending all day working on one task then realizing you still have other things to do.

Also, by giving yourself just enough time to work on something, you will be cutting out all of the distractions and little things that lead to procrastination.

Reference:http://themarketersclassroom.com/discovering-your-potential-for-success/
http://themarketersclassroom.com/articles/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:22:44 PM by shibli »

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 03:27:40 PM »
Sir, is it really possible to maintain the schedule? When I return home from my University, I feel very tired and we try to sleep a sound sleep. After I go to study table.  I tried many times to maintain my schedule but I failed to maintain it.
Will you give me some suggestion about maintain the schedule?
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University
Cell:01674-566806

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »
Dear Sir
I'm completely agreed with you. We can do it. This would be the key of success. It’s a ideal routine. I will try to cope with this.  However sometimes it's become hard to maintain the routine. Every student is related with some more duty.
If you can show a process to find out wasting time & advice  to use the time properly, it would be more effective on us. Thank you very much. Please don't take my opinion other wise, it's my personal opinion created for bad time management of mine.      
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:15:54 AM by kazi shahin »
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 04:18:35 PM »

You can make the routine flexible according to your needs and free time. But keeping a routine and following it will, no doubt, keep you in track.

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 01:22:14 AM »
Thank you sir

I'm sorry; I think I could make you understand my question. Let me ask again. Thanks again to give the opportunity to ask you.

My point was that to define my wasting time. If I can find out my wasting time then I don't waste my time. I need a formula or strategy which will define or show me my wasting of time.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »
I think how to know wasting time is more then important how we spending time...????  If it is informative and effective then we will recognized  what is waste and what is spend actually ...
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 06:00:32 PM »
Whether someone is wasting time or spending time in productive way entirely depends on the person. It is he or she who has to think what he or she has done the whole day when s/he is going to sleep at night. Why don't you meet me? I can answer you whether you are wasting time or not after i have heard from you what sort of activities you are involved in........

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »
Thank you
I'll meet you soon insaallah.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 08:31:52 PM »
I also want to meet with you sir, Please give some guidelines to effectively use my time.
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Cell:01674-566806

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2010, 04:57:52 PM »
Students have to identify what their first responsibility is. Their first priority should be on their studies, then comes forum or other extra curricular activities...this is also encouragement to all those who hardly study.....

Why are some students Not serious about their studies? Because they fail to understand the purpose of studies...they have to be clear in mind that if they study well, they will have depth understanding and knowledge  of particular subjects which will eventually help them shine in life. 

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »
"What is the purpose of education? This question agitates scholars, teachers, statesmen, every group, in fact, of thoughtful men and women. The conventional answer is the acquisition of knowledge, the reading of books, and the learning of facts. Perhaps because there are so many books and the branches of knowledge in which we can learn facts are so multitudinous today, we begin to hear more frequently that the function of education is to give children a desire to learn and to teach them how to use their minds and where to go to acquire facts when their curiosity is aroused. "