My Research Article-3

Author Topic: My Research Article-3  (Read 1735 times)

Offline 710000757

• Taslim Ur Rashid
    • View Profile
My Research Article-3
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:31:41 PM »
Preparation and characterization of poly (ethylene glycol) grafted Ca-alginate fibers by γ-irradiation for biomedical applications

Abstract

Radiation processing, being a physical process, is an environmentally friendly alternative to chemical modifications. It is economically viable, safe, and possesses several advantages over other conventional methods employed for modification and grafting. To improve the physico-mechanical properties of Ca-alginate fiber (CaAF), poly (ethylene glycol) (PEG) was grafted by applying γ-radiation of different intensities. The effect of γ-irradiation on the physico-mechanical, thermal, morphological, thermal and water aging, water, and simulated body fluid (SBF) uptake were evaluated. FT-IR results confirmed that PEG was successfully grafted onto Ca-alginate fibers by γ-irradiation. From the detailed experimental results, irradiation doses and PEG concentration were optimized for grafting processes. The results showed that 50% PEG and 2.5 kGy irradiation dose yielded the highest tensile strength. Differential scanning calorimetric (DSC) analysis showed that with increasing γ-intensity a decrease of dehydration temperature of the fibers had occurred. On the other hand, the glass transition temperature (T g) increased with increasing irradiation dose. The tensile cracked surfaces of the grafted alginate fibers were analyzed by scanning electron microscope (SEM) in order to monitor their surface morphologies. The SEM images of the cracked surfaces demonstrated that spherical shape rods were present for irradiated fiber sample while no such rods were observed for non-irradiated fibers. The characteristic data obtained from SBF and water uptake, and water and thermal aging experiments indicated that CaAF grafted with 50% PEG by applying 2.5 kGy γ-irradiation can be potentially employed for biomedical purposes, such as surgical suture.

Journal  of Adhesion Science and Technology

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01694243.2012.705099#.UnjzKVPU7Fw
Taslim Ur Rashid
Lecturer
Department of Nutrition and Food Engineering
Daffodil International University

Offline rashidacse

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: My Research Article-3
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 01:10:11 PM »
 8)

Offline Saujanna Jafreen

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 01:08:11 PM »
good post
Saujanna Jafreen
Lecturer
Department of Natural Sciences
FSIT.

Offline Md. Rasel Hossen

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 03:00:25 PM »
Congratulations....
Md. Rasel Hossen
Senior Lecturer in Physics
Department of Natural Sciences
Daffodil International University,
Sukrabad, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207, Bangladesh

Offline ABM Nazmul Islam

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:46 AM »
i worked with chitosan nanoparticles......
ABM Nazmul Islam

Lecturer
Dept. of Natural Science
Daffodil Int. University, Dhaka, Bangladesh