1. Keep your head clear. Don't just start rambling on, hoping that something will come out right. It doesn't work that way. However, don't stall, because this will probably make you look awkward, or slow.
2. Try to act "normal." This step is different for everyone, because although picking your nose is normal for a 5 year old boy, it's NOT normal for a 30 year old woman.
3. Relax. Don't freak out because you have to say the right thing, you'll just confuse yourself, and stress yourself out.
4. Be careful with what you say. If you say something silly, you will look foolish in front of everyone.
5. Speak the truth. Never lie to someone just because the statement sounds cool!!! (And if you do accidentally lie to them, make sure they know you were just "joking".)