How to prevent copying in the examination?

Author Topic: How to prevent copying in the examination?  (Read 11091 times)

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
How to prevent copying in the examination?
« on: July 27, 2010, 12:18:42 AM »
As we are students, we try to copy in the examination hall. Teachers try to prevent it. It is a very natural.  Sometimes, I have seen our respective teachers check out our hands, calculator, scale, etc. after we enter the examination hall. I really appreciate it. However, students try to copy. Our teachers are so strict but a question arises, How do the students copy in the exam? As we are a student, so we know the using of the latest type of copying instrument nowadays, Such as, by mobile, iPod etc. Our university authority had banned carrying the mobile set, iPod etc. in the examination hall. That is really a good decision for our university.  

Anyway, DIU forum is basically for the student, Students share their ideas, opinion, advice, suggestion etc. with teachers and authority. So, I decided to give some suggestion to our authority. Before giving the suggestion, I want to thank to our respective authorities and teachers because my maximum number of suggestion has already granted by authority and teachers.

The problems and the solutions

1.   Dear Sir, as I have seen today, our purchasing committee has purchased a huge number of woods for making the chair. Well, I appreciate it but the color of the wood is slightly yellow or golden. So, we will get the opportunity to write on the chair. We may make the chair as an answer script. If the colour of the chair is black then there is no possibility of copying in the examination hall.  Our university has a huge number of chairs in black colour. If you really want prevention of copying in the examination, my suggestion is, you have to turn the colour of the chair into yellow or golden to black as early as possible.

2.   When our examination occurs, we can see our class room opened early before the teacher comes. So, we get the opportunity to copy on the wall or chair before the examiner comes.  Our authority should establish a rule that, when our examiner comes near by the class, our class room should be opened.

3.   When do we get a chance to write on the wall? Some students have a tendency to sit beside the wall. When we enter into the class for midterm or final examination, the chair should be arranged before by the authority. The seat must be arranged as if there are about 2 -3 feet distance between a student and wall around the whole class.

I strongly believe that, if our authority takes proper precautionary steps, this day is not so far, our university will be copying free university like politics free, smoking free and becoming the 1st ranking university of Bangladesh.  

I love my university
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:56:37 AM by ashiqbest012 »
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University
Cell:01674-566806

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
Re: How to prevent copying in the examination?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:15:37 AM »
Thank you Mr. Ashiq, I appreciate your technique.
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:22:34 AM »
Thank You lemon for supporting  me. You have posed a topic named " Copying in Exam". So, I posted how to prevent Students copying in the exam and some Problem and what is the solution.

debashish

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:29:46 AM »
Dear Ashiq and Limon,  this is not a big problem to prevent copying in the exam hall. This is like 1 2 3. I am telling it later. The new chairs are good and the color of the chairs are good as well. This is not the right way by making black color chair to prevent it. Why authority will spend extra money for them. Just use some brain, the teachers will come on time in the exam hall. The room will open from the first for the students. I know in that time students will write in the wall or chair. But before staring exam if our teachers re-arrange the seat arrangement randomly the problem will solve easily.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:13:25 AM »
The ways Mr. Ashiq had directed is really effective. I thank him sincerely for thinking in this way. However, DIU is already in the midst of executing the ways he has shown.

Some more process that would help resisting the illegitimate copying:

1. Not to let students to go outside during the exam.

2. Generally, students sitting at the back benches hatch the ploy to copy from script/others during the exam comparing to those of front benches. Invigilators can interchange the students and/or keep close more attention to the students of back benches.

3. I found in some other institutions that invigilator(s) start gossiping or, come outside every now and then or, glue to the chairs all the time or, pay attention to check answer scripts during the exam instead of showing their intense vigilence.

4. Informer students can be rewarded by giving bonus marks. Students/ Classmates know better who is habituated to copying in the exam. Informaers can inform (at least, secretly) the invigilators so that the latter can perpend the issue gravely and can take necessary actions.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 01:01:32 PM »
Dear Debashish
Thanks for your comments. You are right but I am little bit disagree with you.
At first I want to say, I want to see my class room neat and clean and free from copying. Our friends always write on the wall, chair etc. As you know Mr. Debashish, we always learn from our environment. If any students write on the wall, chair, it influences us to copy on the wall or chair. It is really hampered of our moral character. A good student may be influenced by them. I don’t guess whatever, I said until now. It is the fact.

As you mention “This is not a big problem to prevent copying in the exam hall. This is like 1 2 3.”
Is it really easy? I want to say you a story from my real experience, once I was in the examination hall; I forgot a point in the question answer. I asked to my friend what the next point is, he said to me Please see on the wall. Hahah… He is used to writing all of the point on the wall in the examination hall. A class room has 45 person’s capacity. It is a really tough job to arrange the student randomly. Isn’t it? 

You also mention” Just use some brain, the teachers will come on time in the exam hall. The room will open from the first for the students. I know in that time students will write in the wall or chair. But before staring exam if our teachers re-arrange the seat arrangement randomly the problem will solve easily.”    Before starting an exam we have to make prepare ourselves for the exam, if our teacher says to us go there or sit here. It will be disturbance for us. We always have to carry a calculator, eraser, pencil, entry card, answer script in the exam hall; we have to write our name, id, section, etc.… Then a teacher has to come in the examination hall about half hour before. Is it possible?   

The new chairs are good and the color of the chairs is good as well. I obviously appreciate it and welcome to our authority.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 01:14:05 PM »
Paying due respest to the writing of Mr. Ashiq, I also cordially thank Mr. Debashish for his splendid relization.

Hope each and every students' mentality will follow those of Mr. Debashish & Mr. Ashiq.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »
Thank You Mr. Shamim Ansary.

Some student has a tendency to copy in the examination and i have seen they always carry good C.G.P.A. Sometimes they  use a small piece of paper for copying.  

Thank you for supporting me and give your attractive valuable advice.

I expect the authority should justify it.

debashish

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »
Dear Ashiq, re-arrangement is the simple way to reduce it if we the students wants to engage ourselves in doing this types of bad works. If you the students can engage ourselves writing on the wall, chair, so why our teachers can't take the time to re-arrange our seats? Teachers come 10 minutes before and re-arrangement will take time only 2-3 minutes, I think it will not be disturbance. If we the students can do this types to bad works our teachers also can do that for our betterment.

Ashiq, you siad that "We always learn from our environment" good but my question is that, if you learn all the time from the environment than who will teach to change the environment? There is a short story like this, if you drop a little bit of black ink in a glass full of milk, the whole milk will look like blackish. If you forgot something try to remember it, if can't leave it. But why you will convinced by the bad environment? Why you don't do your own job? I think, when a person is honest, s/he have faith on him/er, have confident, stable on his/er ethics, there is no possibility to biased by someone or environment.  

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:55:49 PM by debashish »

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 02:09:07 AM »
Dear All

It is very important issue for us. And every institution is suffering this problem.  It’s our ethics problem because the students do this unfairness. Some times a student observe that a student copying in the examination hall, why he/she does not inform to the teacher?

After our examination we see a list of name who did unfairness in the earlier examination. I letter also goes to the student’s parents from the University about the unfairness did by their son/daughter.  They also restricted in that course.

I have a suggestion. The chair can be reducing in the examination hall. Say, a room can carry 30 chairs it could be set by 20. If there is following 4 columns it can be 3 columns. So, it would be better to the teacher to observe the student during the examination time. 
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 09:00:33 AM »
Dear my friend Debashish,

Ok man, you are won... Do you see, there is no authority comments in this post? Oh yes, you said that, "randomly arranged to sit :" :" :" :" If the faculty member can do it that is well. However, you have to know one things that our varsity has some "black ship". Do you know what is the black ship? Black is a person who does not listen to you. If you say,  go to the left corner , Black sheep will be angry or will go to the right corner or may not move.

I did not copy in the exam hall in my life ever. I am afraid of it. So, I am not being influenced by anyone. However, I tried to establish that if we see anything we want to learn something. So, it may possible some good student may be influenced by them.   

Ok, my friend take care...bye...I hope we will meet soon

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 09:06:32 AM »
Thank you Mr. Kazi Shahin for your valuable suggestion.

I want to add one more think. Suppose, I wrote down on the wall. You have seen this and told to the faculty member. They may ask me" Did you do it?" I will say to the faculty member, "No, I did not do it"..  

If you want to catch a thief, you have to catch him red handed. Otherwise, you cannot. It's my opinion. Who are involving unethical job, they may be our friend. Can I say to the faculty member, my friend has done it? Did you do it Mr. Kazi Shahin ever? I do not support copying but i cannot say against my friend because we are the classmate and with a team.

This is a discussion forum, so we are discussed  here our common problem but nothing. Anybody will be hurt, this should not be our intention.  

Thank you everyone to make this forum successfully but i still unhappy because authority did not comment until now.
Mr.Shamim Ansary
Mr.Debashish
Mr.kazi Shahin
Md.Lemon
Ms. bidita

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:54:37 PM by ashiqbest012 »

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »
you are right Mr Kazi shahin i agree with your meaningful speeches..I think it is a right way to us..
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

debashish

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 04:39:59 PM »
Ashiq, this is not a game that I won in the match. I just telling the real picture. We the students can stop this.

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 05:19:38 PM »
Mr. Debashish, I know one thing that our upcoming final exam, our authority will strictly be prohibited copying. I am sure.
Don't take my comment in your mind. Ok....and I also told you the real picture of DIU.

You are trying to establish the solution in your way, and I am trying to establish the solution in my way.
However, our intention is removing the copying from DIU. Am I right Mr. Debashish?
We love our University.

Thank You for your valuable comment Mr. debashish. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:50:03 PM by ashiqbest012 »