Knowing at least some of the Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts will make your Windows 8 experience much more enjoyable. Try to memorize these top Windows 8 shortcut keys.
1. Press the Windows key to open the Start screen or switch to the Desktop (if open).
2. Press the Windows key + D will open the Windows Desktop.
3. Press the Windows key + . to pin and unpin Windows apps on the side of the screen.
4. Press the Windows key + X to open the power user menu, which gives you access to many of the features most power users would want (e.g. Device Manager and Command Prompt).
5. Press the Windows key + C to open the Charms.
6. Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings, which is the same Settings found in Charms.
7. Press and hold the Windows key + Tab to show open apps.
8. Press the Windows key + Print screen to create a screen shot, which is automatically saved into your My Pictures folder.