Asian Development Bank (ADB)
ADB Headquarters, Manila 6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City 1550, Philippines
Phone: +63 2 632 4444 ,Fax:+63 2 636 2444
Email Us , Visit Website
ADB-Japan Scholarship Program 2014
1) The applicant must be a national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
2) The applicant must have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited/recognized university. In addition, applicants should have completed 16 years of formal education or should have received equivalent education. Those with a bachelor's degree but with less than 16 years of formal education must inquire at the ADB Administrative Office (GSID) to check their eligibility.
3) At the time of application, the applicant must have at least two years of full-time professional working experience acquired after obtaining their university degree.
4) The applicant must be 35 years old or under at the time of application.
5) To be considered for admission the following minimum scores are required on one these tests: an overall TOEFL score of 550(paper-based), 213(computer-based), or 79(internet-based); a TOEIC score of 730; or an IELTS score of 6.0(should include Academic Reading and Academic Writing). The test should have been taken within two years prior to the application. Institutional test scores are unacceptable for submission. In case these tests are not given in the country of applicants, please consult with the ADB administrative office (GSID) by June 15 (Friday), 2012.
6) The applicant must be in a good health.
7) The applicant living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for the Scholarship.
Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, officials and staff of ADB, as well as their close relatives, are not eligible for the scholarship.
9) The program will not, in principle, support applicants who hold a Master's degree. However, those who have earned their Master's degree in their home country are eligible on condition that they have completed no more than 16 years of education.
The ADB-JSP provides for the scholar's:
Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
Airfare from the scholar's home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
Basic cost of living in Auckland.
Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar's home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover the scholar's dependants.
Scholarship for: Masters Level.
Total Scholarship: 0
Start Date: May 01, 2014
Last Date: July 20, 2014
More Info: www.auckland.ac.nz/en/for/internati
Step 1: Please apply for admission online as an international applicant.
Complete the Application for Admission
Step 2: You are required to submit the following documents in support of your application:
ADB-JSP information sheet
Verified copy of your passport or birth certificate
Academic transcript and completion certificate
A passport-size photo
Step 3: Wait four to six weeks for your Application for Admission to be processed. If you are successful in gaining admission to a postgraduate program and receive an official Offer of Place from the University of Auckland, you may proceed to Step 4. If you are unsuccessful or receive a conditional offer you may not proceed to Step 4. When you have fulfilled the condition/s of your offer you may then proceed to Step 4.
Step 4: Complete the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship application form and either post or courier with all required documents to the University.
Applications and Admissions
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Student Information Centre
22 Princes Street
ADB-Japan Scholarship Application Form.pdf
Step 5: A selection process will take place after the application closing date.