All Forum users, please note....

Author Topic: All Forum users, please note....  (Read 3295 times)

Offline mir

• Faculty
  • My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
All Forum users, please note....
« on: September 15, 2010, 05:43:52 PM »
It’s amazing to see that our forum finally has got its momentum and has become successful to create a wave among not only in our DIU community but also among many others. DIU Forum has become enriched by continuous information uploads with versatile issues/subjects by teachers, students, officials and others.

I have been keeping an Eagle’s eye on the development and expansion of our beloved forum science its inception. With the joining of new members, the more power it has gained, the more excitement was enjoyed by many of us. The forum users have been trying to explore new ideas/issues everyday. In this regard, I think the time has come to note:

1.   Please try to write more from your own views and ideas preferably using our own language.

2.   Interesting, informative, relevant and necessary posting from other sites/sources are also welcome but please do not forget to mention the source or acknowledge the original writer.

3.   If you get something from some other website or search engine, please mention it at the bottom of your posting.

4.   We believe, we are maintaining international standard; as such, we need to be more careful while we have been posting something from other sources or some other articles/write-ups, partly or fully.

5.   Proper reference should be considered as Forum Posting Ethics to keep ourselves more transparent and decent in the virtual world.

6.   Avoid unnecessary interaction and repetition which will not add much value to the Forum archive.

I, therefore, request to every forum users firstly, to develop own writing skill by writing more and more, and secondly, to acknowledge properly or citing the sources either.

Masud Ibn Rahman
Assistnt Professor and Head
Department of Real Estate

Offline fatema_diu

• View Profile
Re: All Forum users, please note....
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 03:34:23 PM »
sir

Your 'request to every forum users- firstly, to develop own writing skill'- is very crucial. And I think if we can point out each other's grammatical loopholes ( specially of the students), the forum will be much more effective.

Fatema Begum laboni
Lecturer
English Department
DIU

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »
Dear Sir
Thank you very much to focus this issue. We have a enriched forum now & we should develop it more but it should be from our own thought. We may upload our presentation, class note, assignment. It will help other student & more students will start to move in the forum.

Somewhere we observe that, some post is doing like Facebook. I mean, like, good, informative word.  Forum is the place of discussion, sharing, and learning.

I think we should be more concern about this fact.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline Mostakima Yesmin

• Can I reach the peak at all...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 07:29:49 AM »
Thank you Sir for this post.

1.   Please try to write more from your own views and ideas preferably using our own language.

2.   Interesting, informative, relevant and necessary posting from other sites/sources are also welcome but please do not forget to mention the source or acknowledge the original writer.

3.   If you get something from some other website or search engine, please mention it at the bottom of your posting.

4.   We believe, we are maintaining international standard; as such, we need to be more careful while we have been posting something from other sources or some other articles/write-ups, partly or fully.

5.   Proper reference should be considered as Forum Posting Ethics to keep ourselves more transparent and decent in the virtual world.

6.   Avoid unnecessary interaction and repetition which will not add much value to the Forum archive.
Mostakima Yesmin Mita
Dept. of CSE
23rd batch
Daffodil International University.
E-mail: mita_17dhk@yahoo.com
            mostakima@diu.edu.bd

Offline Ms. Aziz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 09:50:42 AM »
Thank you Mausd Sir for your imp post another thing is that as forum could be viewed from any where so when some one send a post it must be correct grammatically.Sometime there are spelling mistakes and  grammatically incorrect sentences so it should  be checked by the person before sending the post.
Senior Assistant Registrar
DIU

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 05:01:41 PM »
Maam

There are many students who don't know how to correct grammatical mistakes. I think we should be inspired first of all, them comes mistakes. AAGE TO LIKHI.......some of us won't write for the fear of mistakes....this is why... one of reasons why many people in our country are poor in English, because they are afraid what people say to them if they make mistakes....but i agree we can avoid unnecessary posting like thank you type....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:36:36 AM by bidita »
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd