Make password protected class computers

Author Topic: Make password protected class computers  (Read 3075 times)

debashish

Make password protected class computers
« on: October 10, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »
All the computers of our classes are full of virus. All these viruses infected files or data of hard disk or pen drive. When our teachers plug their pen drive in the computer, all the files inside the pen drive infected. It hampers our class lectures and sometimes teachers also get frustrated. Most of the time all these viruses come from students' pen drive. So, please make password protected all the computers and the password will know to faculty members and administrators only.

Offline nadir-diu

• DIU is the best Cisco Networking Academy !!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Make password protected class computers
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:17:41 AM »
Debashish, this is nice suggestion; I have already informed the relevant people for taking necessary steps. It is true that students should not know the password of the PC which is attached with the Multimedia projector. Hope your suggestion will be implemented from today. Keep in touch. Take care.
With thanks,

Dr. Md. Nadir Bin Ali
LMC and Head of Cisco Networking Academy
Daffodil International University

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »
Sounds good Mr. Debashish bhai, I respect your opinion Mr. Debashish bahi.

But I want to add something that is, when we go for presentation, we have to connect the pen drive with DIU PC. This time what will  happen? Will not the virus enter the DIU PC? Sometimes our course teachers give us the soft copy in the class room, how will we take these files?

I want to add one more thing, Today, I went to one faculty member room and took a course material through Pen drive. When I came home and plug the pen drive to my PC, my anti virus program detected six viruses.

What is the result?

Can we protect DIU PC? Is it the process to control viruses then How?   ???
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:41:40 PM by ashiqbest012 »
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University
Cell:01674-566806

debashish

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:26:52 PM »
You are right Ashiq. But I know, to implement this successfully we need to start appropriately using of Social Web. You know that anyone could get course materials, assignment date, quiz date, etc through this way. So, we should connect with this facility to keep update and our authority should come forward to implement this successfully. And than make password protect the entire PC with anti-virus (it could be kaspersky corporate version to use same anti-virus for multiple PC). You could use this only on the day of presentation. This could be one way to protect.

Second, it is essential to remove the entire virus from PC than setup an anti-virus (it could be kaspersky corporate version to use same antivirus for multiple PC), than make password protect. If our IT department think they could also do a think that is, from the entire PC you could use Pen drive/ CD, you could also use Internet (mainly 2-3 programs will run, no one can enter even my computer). You could easily give your presentation.

Hope, through these steps it is possible to protect our PC and authority may think about this.

asim_078

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »
@ Debashis, nice suggestion! Yes we need password protection for our DIU pcs'. Moreover if  we can use internet  in our class room during class hour, besides learning from the  internet resources we can update the anti-virus as well.

However we have to plug in pen drive into computer for presentation, so during presentation time in front of faculty member it can be done. I guess its not so time consuming.

Lets hope for the best

Thanks