Cover letters are typically one page documents. The cover letter is a business letter directed to a prospective employer that indicates your interest in employment with an organization. Usually it accompanies your resume, aiming to introduce it. Since resumes arriving without a cover letter are rarely read, think of the resume and the cover letter as a team.
1. Keep it short and on topic.
2. Emphasize your strengths.
3. State your skills and degree upfront.
4. Personalize it to a specific individual if possible
5. Tailor it to the position you are applying for.
6. Write about your salary expectations.
7. Clearly state that you are available for an interview.
8. State why you are interested to work for them.
9. Include contact information, phone or email and time you can be contacted for an interview.
10. Thank them for their time and express confidence that you will meet.