Here is a list of the TOP 30 tough interview questions. Always attempt to answer these questions with an on-the-job example or experience to support it. Make sure that you are as prepared as you can be because you have to assume your competition is.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why have you decided to change jobs? Why are you looking?
3. Why did you leave your previous positions?
4. What motivates you?
5. Describe your ideal job.
6. Describe your ideal manager/supervisor.
7. What salary/rate are you looking for?
8. How do you spend your free time?
9. What are your short, medium and long-term goals?
10. How do you react to criticism?
11. Tell me about yourself. How would you describe yourself?
12. What are your long and short-range career goals?
13. What are the most important things you are seeking in a career?
14. What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
15. Site some examples of your ability to be a team player.
16. Why should I hire you?
17. How could you contribute to our organization?
18. Why did you choose the college you attended?
19. Why didn't you go to college?
20. What do you know about our organization?
21. Why are you interested in working for our organization?
22. What extracurricular activities are you involved in?
23. Are you willing to relocate?
24. What type of a work environment are you seeking?
25. What do you know about the position you are applying for?
26. What do you know about our industry?
27. What are you proudest of in terms of your accomplishments at you present position or former position?
28. What do you think will be the toughest aspects of the job if you were to accept the position? What will be the most enjoyable aspects - the least enjoyable?
29. What do you think your greatest contribution will be or what aspects of the job or the company do you think you would be able to make your greatest contribution to?
30. If you are selected for this position, how would you deal with the situation of individuals in the company who were competitors for the job for which you are being interviewed and who may feel that they are better qualified? (Some of them may be your subordinates.)