promotion

Author Topic: promotion  (Read 5437 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
promotion
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:11:03 PM »
I think only the deserving teachers should get promotion. what do you think???
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 01:38:10 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline mir

• My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
Re: promotion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:11:14 PM »
Well, first we need to identify what should be the criteria for promotion. Many factors are involved of course to set up a criteria. Definitely those should get it who deserve, at the same time it is true that the criteria should be standard and in favour of the employees. It should not also be frequently changed. No one will support the promotion who deserve not.

By the way, fortunately our DIU has its own specified set of criteria. Many of the private universities still have not.

Offline mir

• My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:35:26 PM »
yeah, that would be the dark side of the moon! If the set-rules are not properly followed, first, setting up criteria become meaningless; second the employees might be demotivated, I agree. If this happens, the authority must take those into account in any organization.

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:17:19 PM »
Don't worry authority must ensure transparency. We must keep in mind we are still young university.

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »
I must say that promotion criterias for faculty members of DIU are quite up to the mark. But I think, authority will stay one step ahead if they decide to promote the eligibile faculty member to the senior position from the day, he/she fulfills all the criterias needed. And this auto promotion system can be followed at least up to the level of Assistant Professor. I feel the long process of promotion that includes application forwarded by Head and Dean, processing file, meeting, decision making etc... may create a disappointment among young teachers. I think, young teachers should not face the hassel like making application, waiting too much for decision or paying extra attention about the news of next meeting. And few are encouraged to apply earlier before fulfilling the criterias! So, can we expect a real hassle- free promotion system for faculty members at DIU and be more enthusiastic about teaching?    
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 04:02:21 PM by nusrat-diu »
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English
Daffodil International University

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 12:39:06 AM »
I hope this time authority  r going to implement in such a way that no hassle and no waiting will be happen. It will be such an automated way that real people never deprive in future. It is true to implement this system needs some time and of course it will be finish within July and the system will be best for all..

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 04:31:24 PM »
Thank you Sir!

I think, July will be started with high energy & better motivation level among teachers. we are looking for a good change that will be of benefit to everyone concerned.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:27:49 PM by nusrat-diu »
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English
Daffodil International University

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: promotion and increment
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »
Should participation in forum be considered highly for promotion and increment?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 11:11:08 AM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 04:19:15 PM »
we want more teachers to participate in forum

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 11:10:51 AM »
We want more members of DIU family to participate in the Forum especially from the respected teachers of Science Faculty. 

toma

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
yes, beside promotion, yearly increment is another factor. I think, timely implementation of these will motivate us a lot.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
Toma Madam
There are some criteria for increment. Participation in forum is one of them.

regards

Offline Mustafizur rRhman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 11:45:29 AM »
Dear Shibli sir:
If you have the full criteria of increment at your knowledge let us know.Most of us, may be, do not know that.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 06:00:14 PM »
Respective Heads and Deans know that..

toma

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 03:59:38 PM »
Thank you Shibli Sir for your kind information regarding increment.