Have we ever tried to get ourselves motivated to get some work done, only to find ourselves spinning our wheels? Sometimes one day of unproductiveness spirals into multiple days of feeling listless, lethargic, and even bored – despite the fact that there are about 50 important items on our to do list.
It’s one thing to have drive and ambition, it’s another thing altogether to actually roll up our sleeves and get to work. It’s easy to feel motivated and driven when we are planning and dreaming, but staying driven and motivated when we are doing the actual work needed to make our dreams a reality can be difficult.
Getting great work done isn’t always just about finding a burst of inspiration- it’s also about properly defining our goals and setting ourselves up in a productive work environment.
It’s about incremental improvement in our daily work process and mental habits so that we feel motivated and productive throughout the day. It’s about recognizing our own biological limitations and optimizing our sleep habits, eating, and general health.
But sometimes, it’s simply about pushing through tough work even when we are just not feeling it – it’s what athletes would call “playing through the pain”. It’s about digging deep, and finding that little spark inside that will push us through the day.
Some motivational quotes for work are listed below:
• A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work – Colin Powell
• Happiness is the real sense of fulfillment that comes from hard work – Joseph Barbara
• All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work–Calvin Coolidge
• The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra – Jimmy Johnson
• The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work – Harry Golden
• Goodness and hard work are rewarded with respect – Luther Campbell