For personal knowledge...

Author Topic: For personal knowledge...  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Faiyaz

• "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.." -Oscar Wilde
    • View Profile
For personal knowledge...
« on: January 17, 2011, 03:52:17 AM »
Firstly, I wanna say sorry to the authority that I'm posting this topic to the BBA forum instead of IT secton but I wanna know it urgently. So, I request to the authority that PLEASE DON'T MOVE IT TO IT SECTION, because people generally don't write in IT sections frequently and I want a quite expert opinion on it...
I had used an antivirus year ago but now I don't use any antivirus since you know, it slows the function. And now recently I had to use my camera after a long period and took some pics with it. But, now I'm getting afraid to upload the pictures from my digital camera to the PC since I apprehend that my PC has got some virus. Now my question is, (God forbid) is my camera likely to affect with virus if I upload the camera pics on the PC? Please do answer it quickly... Regards,
Faiyaz...   
M. Faiyaz Naveed
Asst. Administrative Officer
Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
Daffodil International University

Offline raiyan

• View Profile
Re: For personal knowledge...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
Dear Faiyaz,

You are right that antivirus software slow the process of the computer and without it you can do work quickly and easily. But today it is necessary to have an antivirus because if you have an internet connection or use a pen drive, your computer can be effected by serious type of virus without letting you know, resulting slow performance of PC and risk of loss of valuable data stored in computer. You said that you have a digital camera and if you think your PC in infected with virus it can corrupt all the images in memory as well as memory card.

So it is wise to have an antivirus software in your pc and update it time to time if you have internet connection. There are many software available in web for free download. you can download and install it to check how its work. New anitivirus software take less resources and doesn't slow down your PC. If your PC configuration is high.

Thanks.       
Raiyan Mustafa
Assistant Director, IT
DIU

Offline rashedbhai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:01:15 AM »
Dear Faiyaz,

It’s possibility to affect your camera because you have no Anti Virus in your PC.
First you need to confirm Anti Virus in your PC then you may plug your Digital Camera with your PC.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:19:42 AM by rashedbhai »
Md. Rashedul Hassan
IT Officer
Daffodil International University

Offline psycho saint

• i am just what i am
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »
i would like to include that not only camera but some other gadgets like ipod, mp3 player and as well as cell phones can be affected too,,so have to be careful... ;D
RAFAT
creative.bd

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:38 AM »
It's really wise for you to use a better & reliable anti-virus.......like KASPERSKY or NORTON to remain safe...@faiyaz
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd