Authority should consider students problem

Author Topic: Authority should consider students problem  (Read 2798 times)

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Authority should consider students problem
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:33:10 PM »
First of all, when I went for registration yesterday, I have seen a huge number of student didn't get the courses that they wanted due to the shortage of section and seat. Everybody knows it 20th is the largest batch in the university. It has 7 sections and maximum has taken major in Finance. But it's a matter of great sorrow that every major subject has only 2 sections (A and B). How will the university fulfill the student desire subject? Maximum students have taken 2 or 3 subject instead of 4. The students of Finance department  have to take Marketing department subject due to lack of the appropriate subject. Not only that 16-20 batch has registered their courses yesterday. However, university couldn't fulfill student demand.

Secondly, our exam schedule is totally changed in this semester(Spring-2011). Previous two semester was about all the same. In the previous semester(Fall-2010) I planned to take 4 courses according to the exam date. But this semester as I said exam schedule has totally changed. So, I cannot take my desired courses because 2 courses exam will be held in one day and another 2 will be held in one day. So, how is it possible to take these courses, although this is my last semester?

Today's situation is very deteriorated, 21batch students didn't get appropriate courses. We some student informed to our head of the department and advisor. We haven't seen if any precautionary step had taken.

Please help us. We are helpless. I hope, all of the students will agree with me.

Voice of 20th batch students
         Ashiq Hossain
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:12:37 PM by ashiqbest012 »
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University
Cell:01674-566806

Offline Md. Limon Hossain

• View Profile
Re: Authority should consider students problem
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:05:12 PM »
Dear Ashiq:
I strongly agree with you. We are 20th batch has fallen a big problem. We need more section in every course. I guess two more sections should increase per courses in Finance. And at least one section should increase per courses for HRM, Marketing, and, Accounting. Now we are in 3rd year 3rd semester and concern to complete graduation in due time with our desire courses.

We can not match routine and examination schedule with our desired courses.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:17:33 PM by Md. Limon Hossain »
Md. Limon Hossain
Department of BBA
ID: 082-11-523
Cell: +8801717885679
E-mail: limon-hossain@diu.edu.bd And limon.hossain@yahoo.com

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Thank you Mr. Limon

Yes, I requested to the authority 2 semester before about our exam schedule through DIU forum and also said it should be remained the same in each semester but Authority makes us depressed.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 02:33:44 PM by ashiqbest012 »

Offline akash_2050

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 04:01:02 PM »
1st of all thank you Ashiq for your briefly discussed topic.Not only you, by default others students are suffering in the same situation. Most of the "major" subjects are in two section when there is a demand for at least four. At present maximum students are unable to take their willing courses. Authority should take immediately start 2 new section for every major courses.

Personally I decided to take 2 major course in this semester but my decision does not work out. To get the sit I went to varsity yesterday but sir told me to come 19-01-11. I had reached varsity today at 9.30am and request to all my friend to give me chance for registration before all of them because I will take  major course. And I went first before all of them but I do not get any seat at 2 major courses, Sir said all the sit had registered yesterday.
Then my question is why??????

At 10.05a.m. there is no sit????????????????????????????

Who will answer that?

=======
1/ If registration date is more than one then authority should keep one section
    (sits) to distribute at second day.

2/ Should declare major courses at least 4 section.

3/ Should give emphasis to recruit teachers for courses instead of student  

4/ Make sure all the student getting their willing courses ( And this will happen  only if authority give emphasis on student benefit instead of own)

5/ There are a large number of student, but there are not sufficient number
    of teacher/section.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 07:06:43 PM by akash_2050 »

Offline masum iqbal

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 04:41:52 PM »
Dear Ashiq

Thanks for your writing on this issue.

We design our course offering and examination schedule to accomodate the requirements of all students of the program,not a particular student or batch.If you feel that you need more sections or seats in a particular course or courses,you inform me before Add and Drop(February 1,2011).We will definitely offer more sections or seats if justified.

Thank you very much indeed.

Masum Iqbal 

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 07:38:33 PM »
I think our authority is much conscious about the problem & hoping that they will manage all the situation stated before students..........

as your younger brother, I wanna say to 20th batch students..................DON"T WORRY.......

Everything will come to a good end...........
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 11:47:24 PM »
Thank you, Our honorable Mr. Masum Iqbal sir . Inshallah we, all student will meet with you before February 1,2011. We optimistic that you will give the solution of this problem.

Thank you Mr. Limon, Mr. Akash