On Friday, a massive wave of cyber attacks swept across 99 countries, with cyber security experts claiming it could be the biggest attack of its kind ever recorded.
Despite the fact that - so far - there have been no confirmed reports of attacks on Australian organisations, Cyber Security Minister Dan Tehan has admitted that doesn’t mean we’re not at risk.
“I cannot put my hand on my heart and say that means we are 100 per cent cyber secure,” he told reporters in Perth today.
“The technology changes, the vulnerabilities change.”
Earlier, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull insisted that even if we are targeted, the government is prepared.
“We are continuing to monitor the situation closely and stand ready to deal with any cyber-security threat to Australia’s critical infrastructure,” he said through a spokesman.http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/hacking/massive-cyber-attack-creates-chaos-around-the-world/news-story/b248da44b753489a3f207dfee2ce78a9