Marketing is the most controversial discipline among business theorem. There are many popular misconceptions about marketing which we should consider with our highest attention:
1. Marketing means Shopping
2. Marketing means Selling
3. Marketing means Advertising
4. Marketing means Telling and Selling
5. Marketing is easy task – anyone can do it
6. Marketing theories are Less Challenging
7. Marketing is the art of Mere Talk (চাপাবাজি)
8. Marketing is NOT a Science
9. The scope of marketing is very Narrow
10. If you study marketing, you will have to sell products from door to door; you will never be the part of the top management
11. The marketing professionals must bear the burden of tough TARGETS
12. As a profession, marketing is NOT suitable for women (of Bangladesh)
It is the time to challenge all these misconceptions about marketing with a logical open mind and to establish the discipline as a prestigious branch of socio-behavioral science.
Bottom Line: Marketing is the most creative, dynamic, challenging, and growth-oriented profession among all other business professions. In the class room, marketing may be easy. But in the real life, it is truly challenging.