1. Facts: facts can be checked on relevant and reliable websites.
2. Generally training the brain: brain training apps are great for this.
3. Sharing knowledge: internet forums and emails enable us to talk with experts and other enthusiasts.
4. Disseminating knowledge: blogging about our research or publishing ebooks and online articles in peer reviewed journals helps others to learn.
5. Community: the internet community of students can support each other.
6. Distance learners: with the web, we can learn at universities and schools at the other end of the globe.
7. Virtual classrooms: video technology has enabled us to ‘attend’ lectures virtually.
8. Combating poverty: if poverty or poor infrastructure can make it hard to go to school, online learning can be the answer.
9. New ideas: the internet can expose us to new ideas we wouldn’t reach by ourselves.
10. Digitized texts: increasingly, libraries are digitizing reference works.