Online Counselling

Author Topic: Online Counselling  (Read 2516 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Online Counselling
« on: October 27, 2011, 04:49:12 PM »
Respected Sirs and Madams

Classroom learning is truly important, no doubt about that, but taking feedback from the students is equally important. Researchers say students learn only 5% to 10% from the lectures we deliver in the classroom. It is true that we remain very busy with taking classes and performing other responsibilities, e.g. We are to

1. study before going to classes

2. counsel students

3. check answer scripts on regular basis

4. Do research work

5. do advising and registration

6. Invigilate in exams and conduct admission tests

7. Involve in extra curricular activities

8. participate in Forum & Job tracking

9. Some of us provide jobs and internships for students

However, learning feedback system is all about online counseling. Once we can engage students in the discussion in the real sense, we don't need to write anything. In our free time, we can just check the progress of the students and inspire them to engage more. Mahatma Gandhi said “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” Barak Obama said, "Change we need." As we know the world is moving so fast with the advancement of Technology, we have no option but to be innovative in teaching and learning. Over to all for comments.

Yours respectfully,

Md. Shibli Shahriar
Assistant Professor
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline zaidi

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: Online Counselling
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »
I do agree with Mr. Shibli Shahriar that we have to perform a lot of responsibilities on daily basis. At the same time we are trying our level best to use social web, forum and job tracking. 

Zaidi Satter
BBA Faculty

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
Respected Sirs and Madams
When we were students, we never thought that our teachers would teach us with multimedia projector, power point slides, computer, and internet. But now we have got internet connection in many of our classrooms at DIU. We can easily instruct our students how to use technology in leaning. We can motivate them to be self-learners. There is a lot to learn in today's world. So, it is important to be a self-learner if anyone wants to discover new things. The more we know, the more we grow. Life long learners never stop growing. Once we get used to using technology, it will be very very easy for us. It's all about our interest whether we want genuinely to develop ourselves or not.

Using social web regularly is the easiest and simplest task that i have ever encountered in my life. To me, if anyone has very a little bit interest in it, he or she can enjoy doing it.

However, if you need any sort of help, please feel free to call me at your convenience tO my e-mail, I will be available for you. You may also call Adnan Rabbi for technical support.

Respectfully,
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:44:35 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline Sultan Mahmud Sujon

• Administrator
  • Sultan Mahmud Sujon, Sr. Admin Officer
    • View Profile
    • Helping You Office Operation & Automation Management
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 07:36:32 PM »
Thank you sir
I agree with u

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:26:54 AM by shibli »

Offline Yousuf.Chy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 01:07:52 PM »
Yes, very true. Thanks for sharing Sir.
Yousuf Chowdhury
Student Counselor,
Daffodil International University
Member, DIUAA
Cell: +880 01713493051.
E-mail: yousuf.chy@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline Yousuf.Chy