Famous Place of Bangladesh...................

Author Topic: Famous Place of Bangladesh...................  (Read 8248 times)

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Famous Place of Bangladesh...................
« on: May 24, 2012, 11:16:49 PM »
Some famous place of Bangladesh are given below and the place is really nice. Our Bangladesh is rally a very nice and beautiful country. I am so proud that i am Bangladeshi.

Central Shahid Minar, Dhaka:

Symbol of Bengali nationalism, this monument was built to commemorate the martyrs' of the historic language movement on 21st February, 1952. The day is also now observed as International Mother Language Day across the world.

Natore - Dighapatiya Rajbari :

Natore lies about 40 km. from Rajshahi and is an old seat of the Maharajah of Dighapatiya, now serving as the Uttara Ganabhaban (The Official northern region residance of the President of the Republic). The palace has large, spacious grounds and is surrounded by a fine moat. The palace has well-equipped guest-house, an imposing gateway and a fine garden decorated with statues of white marble.

Gandhi Asram:

Situated about 23 km. north-west of Choumuhani town and 2 km. east of Chatkhil at Jayag in Noakhali district. This asram was established in the memory of historic visit of the Mahatma Gandhi to Noakhali and devoted to his ideology. In 1946-47 Mahatma the protagonist of Ahimsa ideology visited this region with a view to preach peace.

Please, to be continue...................
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:20:25 PM by nature »
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Re: Famous Place of Bangladesh...................
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 11:51:53 PM »
St. Martin's Island:

St. Martin's Island is a small island in the northeastern part of the Bay of Bengal, about 9 km south of the tip of the Cox's Bazar-Teknaf peninsula, and forming the southernmost part of Bangladesh. It is about 8 km west of the northwest coast of Myanmar, at the mouth of the Naf River. The local name of the island is "Narical Gingira", also spelled "Narikel Jinjira/Jinjera", means 'Coconut Island' in Bengali. It is the only coral island in Bangladesh.

.................To be continue...............
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:53:30 PM by nature »
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 11:01:17 PM »
Natore - Dighapatiya Rajbari :

Natore lies about 40 km. from Rajshahi and is an old seat of the Maharajah of Dighapatiya, now serving as the Uttara Ganabhaban (The Official northern region residance of the President of the Republic). The palace has large, spacious grounds and is surrounded by a fine moat. The palace has well-equipped guest-house, an imposing gateway and a fine garden decorated with statues of white marble.

World War II Cemetery, Chittagong:

In this well-preserved cemetery, in Chittagong lie burried over 700 soldiers from Commonwealth countries and Japan, who died during the Second World War. 

..............To be Continue..............
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 11:08:10 PM »
SYLHET - LAND OF TWO LEAVES AND A BUD:

Nestled in the picturesque Surma valley amidst beautiful tea plantations and lush green tropical forest, it is a prime attraction for all tourists. Its terraced tea gardens, eye catching orange groves and pineapple plantations and hills covered with hot forests form an attractive landscape. The Sylhet vale has a good number of haors which are big natural wetlands. During winter these haors are vast stretches of green land, but in the rainy season they turn into a turbulent sea. These haors provide sanctum to the million of migratory birds who fly from Siberia across the Himalayas to avoid the severe cold. Srimangal in Sylhet, known as the tea capital of Bangladesh, is the main tea centre of the area. For miles and miles around, the visitor can see the tea grounds spread like green rug over the plain land or on the sloping hills. A visit to the tea agricultural estate in Sythet is a memorable experience Sylhet the tea granary of Bangladesh , not only has over 150 tea gardens but also proudly possesses the tree largest tea gardens in the world both in area and manufacture. Sylhet is also known as the ground of the famous Muslim saint Hazrat Shah Halal the great torch bearer of Islam to the region.

RAJSHAI - A NATURAL SILK PRODUCING CENTER:

Rajshahi has been the most glorious periods of Bengal's Pala dynasty. It is famous for pure silk, mangoes and lichis. Beautiful silk products are cheaper. A visit to Varendra Research Museum at the heart of the city of rich archaeological finds would be most rewarding. There are also a number of ancient mosques, shrines and temples in and around Rajshahi. Linked with Dhaka by road, rail, river and air, Rajshahi is situated on the bank of the Padma River. Bangladesh Parjathan Corporation offers comfortable lodging and restaurant services at Rajshahi.
...............To be Continue................
Department of MBA

Offline sethy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »
Lalbagh Fort: The fort was built in 1678 by Prince Mohammad Azam, son of Mughal emperor Aurangozeb. The fort was the scene of a bloody battle during the first war of independence (1857) when 250 soldiers stationed here backed by people revolted against british forces. Besides the main structure, Lalbagh Fort also has a number of other buildings and monuments such as the tomb of Pari Bibi, Lalbagh mosque, audience hall and hammam khana (bathing place) of Nawab Shaista Khan now housing a museum.
Sazia Afrin Sethy
ID:101-11-1366
BBA Department,
Batch: 25th,
Sec: B.

Offline sethy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:05:58 PM »
Kantaji Temple: The most ornate among the late medieval Hindu temples of Bangladesh Kantaji temple is situated near Dinajpur town. It was built by Maharaja Pran Nath in 1752. Every inch of the temple surface is beautifully embellished with exquisite terracotta plaques, representing flora and fauna, geometric motifs, mythological scenes and an astonishing array of contemporary social scenes and favourite pasttime. The Maharaja's palace with relics of the past and the local museum are well worth a visit.
Sazia Afrin Sethy
ID:101-11-1366
BBA Department,
Batch: 25th,
Sec: B.

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 12:57:53 AM »

Central Shahid Minar, Dhaka:

Symbol of Bengali nationalism, this monument was built to commemorate the martyrs' of the historic language movement on 21st February, 1952. The day is also now observed as International Mother Language Day across the world.

Sonargaon, Narayanganj:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

About 29 km. from Dhaka, Sonargaon dating back to 13th century is one of the oldest capitals of Bengal. A folk-art and craft museum has been established here. Among the ancient monuments still intact are the tomb of Sultan Abdul Alla and a beautiful mosque in Goaldi village.
Department of MBA