EGU 2017 - Call for abstracts (Submission deadline: Jan 11, 2017, Financial support application deadline: Dec 1, 2016)
If you are working with computational intelligence methods for your research on hydrological sciences and/or water resources management, you are cordially invited to submit an abstract for the following session:
"HS3.1 Hydroinformatics: computational intelligence, systems analysis, optimisation, data science"http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2017/session/23941
The aim of this session is to provide an active forum in which to demonstrate and discuss the integration and appropriate application of emergent computational technologies in a hydrological modelling context. Topics of interest are expected to cover a broad spectrum of theoretical and practical activities that would be of interest to hydro-scientists and water-engineers. The main topics will address the following classes of methods and technologies:
* Predictive and analytical models based on the methods of statistics, computational intelligence and data science: neural networks, fuzzy systems, support vector machines, genetic programming, cellular automata, chaos theory, etc.
* Methods for the analysis of complex data sets, including remote sensing data: principal and independent component analysis, feature extraction, time series analysis, data-infilling, information theory, etc.
* Specific concepts and methods of Big Data and Data Science such as data thinning, data fusion, information integration
* Optimisation methods associated with heuristic search procedures: various types of genetic and evolutionary algorithms, randomised and adaptive search, ant colony, particle swarm optimisation, etc.
* Applications of systems analysis and optimisation in water resources
* Hybrid modelling involving different types of models both process-based and data-driven, combination of models (multi-models), etc.
* Data assimilation and model reduction in integrated modelling
* Novel methods of analysing model uncertainty and sensitivity
* Appropriate software architectures for linking different types of models and data sources
Read more about how to submit an abstract: http://www.egu2017.eu/abstra
CO Meeting Organizer EGU2017